Voxel Complexity

JayleBreak

Well, I reviewed the discord transcript. In 35 minutes not a whole lot was explained. So it is perhaps not surprising that  my (and other peoples) questions about the voxel complexity restriction was not covered.  I really think the developers know this is going to piss off builders. The impression given when released was that it was really a concern for those who do voxelmancy. Because some (many) voxel boards might be unusable when the restriction was enforced, but that wouldn't happen until the vertex editor was ready. But in my experience, with normal building techniques (i.e. the Deploy  and Copy & Paste voxel tools) you can exceed the complexity limit, and I mentioned that in my question (and in a ticket I submitted too).

In the build I had the issue with, the design was first outlined using Blender, then exported so the projector element could provide the outline for the build, then after progressing well into filling out the outline with voxels - I get this complaint that I would NEVER have anticipated - even today knowing there are limits.

The failure here, is this Q&A would have been a good place to provide guidance on how we can in the planning phases reduce the likelyhood of this happening. And worse, no indication that any information on how this feature defines complexity is forthcoming.

i am very concerned about those limitations and would like to know more about how this will effect our builds.

atm iss very easy even without vertex manipulation to reach the complexity limits, this does not make sense especially with the vertex editor on the far roadmap

Yeah I have a ship with a pretty basic and clean aesthetic but it would seem a sloped angle is too much for the game now. Let alone a shape that has been smoothed. I love how in the Q&A they acted like it wasn't going to be a problem yet almost everything I'm working on is like 90% or higher.

Guess we're going from lego to duplo because DU can't seem to keep enough players to rent a few more blades a month. Guess they will save a bunch of cash when they don't have to rent them anymore.

I think the lesson we are learning (maybe some of us are late catching on) is that NQ simply lacks the integrity to just communicate their intentions. Everything is vague. Everything is qualified. 

Edited by Doombad

I did not want to be right, but from past experience I called it and said this would be an potential issues the moment NQ posted the vertex editor video.

And it shows that the only reason why NQ started to implement the no. 1 most requested feature in the game (vertex editor), was only because they knew they would break voxelmancing in the near future.