Gathering your questions for the Q&A on Wednesday, December 1st

NQ-Nyzaltar

1 minute ago, VandelayIndustries said:

People don't crash from not having a nebula.  The old skybox you could see.  Those are facts

What was the color change in all channels RGB in numerical values? 

Same for all voxels? 

Where is your statistic about the reasons ppl crash into stations?

Its not a fact.. Its your uninformed opinion. You just dont know the difference because you think the world rotates around you. 

1 minute ago, joaocordeiro said:

What was the color change in all channels RGB in numerical values? 

Same for all voxels? 

Where is your statistic about the reasons ppl crash into stations?

Its not a fact.. Its your uninformed opinion. You just dont know the difference because you think the world rotates around you. 

What about all the structures that people crashed into during beta WITH the nebula.. Its proven fact more crashes happen with the nebula then when it wasnt there.  And NQ said "use a radar"  thats from the game developers. BOOM mic drop.  owned again.  You make it too easy.

2 minutes ago, VandelayIndustries said:

What about all the structures that people crashed into during beta WITH the nebula.. Its proven fact more crashes happen with the nebula then when it wasnt there.  And NQ said "use a radar"  thats from the game developers. BOOM mic drop.  owned again.  You make it too easy.

Havr numbers? No right?.. 

Your opinion. 

Havr numbers? No right?.. 

Your opinion. 

look at all the threads and discussions about the space elevators.  Its not opinion.  People crash into those things a lot.  NQ came out and said "use a radar" when people wanted to nerf how high up you could build on your tile.  

Speed and render range, and the short range of atmo radar are the major causes of crashes.  Not being able to see (if its rendered) is not one of them. 

If you don't want to stop arguing, NQ will add the damage from flowers and bushes again. That will be fun for a while. Then the fog won't matter any more.

It would be much more important, as soon as you fly above 1,000mp/h, that you fly through buildings and can't take damage. (Except for the hardcore PvPers, of course, who need that!

I tink that for the sake of emergence and a gameplay experience, it is fine if the sky box is not "real" (and pitch black). But the Light Emitting Skybox NQ thought would solve their lighting problems really is just one more of the over the top effects which the context of the game really detract from it.

1 minute ago, Zarcata said:

If you don't want to stop arguing, NQ will add the damage from flowers and bushes again. That will be fun for a while. Then the fog won't matter any more.

Personally, I'd like tree collision to be a thing again. It was part of the challenge of the game and NQ removed it to not have to deal with the many crybabies who can't fly.

1 minute ago, Jake Arver said:

I tink that for the sake of emergence and a gameplay experience, it is fine if the sky box is not "real" (and pitch black). But the Light Emitting Skybox NQ thought would solve their lighting problems really is just one more of the over the top effects which the context of the game really detract from it.

Well no one is claiming to want "real" thats absurd, its a video game. but STYLE matters, and the constant green hue and the nebula looks terrible to most people, along with the rocks.  Something could be done to make it better.  Immersion doesnt mean real, its about feeling and style when you playing.   The old skybox had a 100x better feel for a space game.  And any lighting issues needed to be done with the elements, not plastering some over done nebula skybox.

9 minutes ago, Jake Arver said:

Personally, I'd like tree collision to be a thing again. It was part of the challenge of the game and NQ removed it to not have to deal with the many crybabies who can't fly.

Thats NQ's m.o.  And i suspect thats how the nebula change came about.  As people crashed into the moon non stop, but they were new.  People crashed equally on the light and dark side.  Alpha 1 discord full of people who were like "im in space how do i stop my ship?"   They had no brakes and didnt know to reverse burn, lol.  Lessons we all learned.  But a few claimed their crashes were due to not seeing when they were just bad/new pilots like we all were in alpha, with little or no talent points.  

And it is a problem with NQ always trying to dial up ANY effects to 12.  they dont understand less is more.  Like they could have a dark skybox, but maybe see some galaxies in the distance, or see ONE nebula in one area of space, but NQ just blankets the whole area and was like "done".  Big problem with them.

15 minutes ago, VandelayIndustries said:

look at all the threads and discussions about the space elevators.  Its not opinion. 

Yea. Ppl like are the core problem of our society. 

Because in the old days ppl knew they were ignorant. 

Now ppl think they are informed and informing others with no factual data. 

Statistical data is a magic trick that ppl like me present to you to convince you of what you know to be a lie. 

2 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

Yea. Ppl like are the core problem of our society. 

Because in the old days ppl knew they were ignorant. 

Now ppl think they are informed and informing others with no factual data. 

Statistical data is a magic trick that ppl like me present to you to convince you of what you know to be a lie. 

You still crying over something that isnt real? lol wow good lord man.

6 minutes ago, VandelayIndustries said:

You still crying over something that isnt real? lol wow good lord man.

Still trying to offend ppl with the prejorative verb "crying"? 

But i can do the same:

Still crying about the nebula? Saying its about immersive gameplay when DU has immersion issues orders of magnitude more serious than this? 

Its just a matter of taste, yours is not more important than mine. 

Still trying to offend ppl with the prejorative verb "crying"? 

But i can do the same:

Still crying about the nebula? Saying its about immersive gameplay when DU has immersion issues orders of magnitude more serious than this? 

Its just a matter of taste, yours is not more important than mine. 

pot meet kettle, thats what u started.   And no one said anything was more important that anything else.  God you dont read very well do you?  But proof is there, majority of people dont like the nebula and want it removed, and some sort of change.  You are in the minority.  And you are crazy if you think skybox tweaks are high level development. 

1 minute ago, VandelayIndustries said:

pot meet kettle, thats what u started.   And no one said anything was more important that anything else.  God you dont read very well do you?  But proof is there, majority of people dont like the nebula and want it removed, and some sort of change.  You are in the minority.  And you are crazy if you think skybox tweaks are high level development. 

Yes you are. 

You are saying that I dont have the right to use the nebula to avoid colisions, because your way of playing the game is the right one.