Gathering your questions for the Q&A on Wednesday, December 1st

NQ-Nyzaltar

1 minute ago, VandelayIndustries said:

wrong it doesn't.  You act like the old skybox was pitch black, it was not.  Im guessing you didnt play during alpha 1 or 2. 

Well call me a noob but it does for me. 

What are you going to say to counter this? That you know what happens in my head better then me? 

Just now, joaocordeiro said:

Well call me a noob but it does for me. 

What are you going to say to counter this? That you know what happens in my head better then me? 

No, my counter is that with the old sky box you could still see.  we arent asking for "pitch black".  NQ's stance on collisions was "use a radar  that is the counter"

2 minutes ago, VandelayIndustries said:

No, my counter is that with the old sky box you could still see.  we arent asking for "pitch black".  NQ's stance on collisions was "use a radar  that is the counter"

Ask what it fits your taste. But ask it as an option that others can opt out. 

Does not make any sense to force your taste into others. 

Ask what it fits your taste. But ask it as an option that others can opt out. 

Does not make any sense to for your taste into others. 

I have no problem if there is a toggle option.  Same way there should be a toggle option for those ABOMINATION of glow rocks on every surface of the game.  the bare minimum would be a toggle option and be ok but NQ doesnt care about their game.  Making it look good while also "being good" attracts new customers.  Not saying the looks and asthetics are the only thing, but when i backed in alpha 1 i watched all the youtube videos i could and the game looked like a space game, and looked AMAZING to me leaving a planet and flying in space.  That can matter to attract new people.  Now you need legit gameplay to keep them.  But immersion always helps, and i felt more "immersed" during alpha then I do now. 

It has been mentioned several times.

1. Resources in most territories are not enough to cover the weekly taxes per TU. At best with all your talents in trained you will have come to be either even or no more than 1 to 2 percent profit, which leaves you unable to do much.

2. I have scanned over 300 territories on Alioth in 2 days using 3 scanners and I have yet to find a T2 Ore. Malachite and Acanthite are necessary ores to make most things that are useful for space. Having read through many of these questions I can see the same is true for most places in the system where there are very few T2 ore sites.

3. While PVP is something that most people with bully styles of play love, it does not fit the lore or societal model of the game. A society that was able to pull through from a failing planet, travel 10K years from their original home world to repopulate and survive a catastrophe does not seem like the type of society that would start fighting over resources in a new planet and go back to what they were escaping so quickly. It does not seem logical to make it that right out of the gate a society that has endured so much will immediately go back to the petty conflicts that brought them to Alioth. If there is going to be PVP in a game like this one, you need to bring the conflict in another manner, be it a different race or faction that lives in the same system or one adjacent.

4. Manual Mining was a drag, now its even worse, sure I don't have to dig it up manually but I cannot make enough to pay for one tile, nothing to say about getting tiles for higher tier materials. Now instead of manually digging materials up, i have to tend to mining units constantly or I don't get what I need.

I came back because the promise of automated mining made it more appealing to play and not have to be dedicating 8 hour days to dig up multi million liters of ore to be able to do what the guild does. My guild started on this game with a lot of enthusiasm, but you have managed to kill that enthusiasm. It seems that whomever is directing this ship is not a gamer, or they have a really sick sense of what fun and entertaining is.

v/r,

19 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

You attract more players if you make DU more forgiving for noob mistakes. 

Needing a radar to not colide is not noob friendly. 

Then make alioth 0.1 gravity. So they crash less.  You keep saying removing the nebula will make people crash.  It doesn't.  Sounds like you only played during alpha 3 when it went to $60 to get in.  I flew every test session during A1 and A2 never wrecked.  People wreck from rendering issues, or inexperience, or lack of talents flying heavy cargo.  Not because they cant "see something".  Those are facts.

If you like the nebula because u think it looks good thats opinion and fine whatever.  But trying to make shit up to prove your view of aesthetics makes you come off really bad. 

People wreck from rendering issues, or inexperience, or lack of talents flying heavy cargo.  Not because they cant "see something".  Those are facts.

All hail the master of all facts! All hail the great @VandelayIndustries.

He alone can determine what are facts relevant for this discussion and what are not. 

If you find usefull seeing the outline of a station when aproaching it from its dark side, hide that fact. Because that fact is not approved by the great @VandelayIndustries.

And therefore is not a fact. 

If you just joined the game struggled to make a basic ship to meet with your friend on another planet, spent hours traveling, and before you can land safely, you colide, die and spawn back on Alioth, its because you are a noob that deserved it. And if you ragequit its because this game is not for you. Because you are not like the great @VandelayIndustries

1 minute ago, joaocordeiro said:

All hail the master of all facts! All hail the great @VandelayIndustries.

He alone can determine what are facts relevant for this discussion and what are not. 

If you find usefull seeing the outline of a station when aproaching it from its dark side, hide that fact. Because that fact is not approved by the great @VandelayIndustries.

And therefore is not a fact. 

If you just joined the game struggled to make a basic ship to meet with your friend on another planet, spent hours traveling, and before you can land safely, you colide, die and spawn back on Alioth, its because you are a noob that deserved it. And if you ragequit its because this game is not for you. Because you are not like the great @VandelayIndustries

won't somebody please think of the noobs! - Helen Lovejoy | Meme Generator

Exactly.  Someone who didn't play during A1 or A2.  Therefor no room to talk, because you are making up stuff that isn't there.  

Thats the number one thing you hear from new players, is they cant see.  So laughable how delusional you are.

Just now, VandelayIndustries said:

Therefor no room to talk, because you are making up stuff that isn't there.  

Just STFU. 

1st I was here on alpha 2. 

2nd To have an opinion all i need is to have a game account. 

3nd you are equal to all players not more or less than everyone. 

Just STFU. 

1st I was here on alpha 2. 

2nd To have an opinion all i need is to have a game account. 

3nd you are equal to all players not more or less than everyone. 

same with you, and more people want the nebula removed or at very least altered.  Sorry for you to hear this, but the game isnt about you.  But keep crying and making up stuff about crashing because you cant "see" which has never been a thing.

2 minutes ago, VandelayIndustries said:

But keep crying and making up stuff about crashing because you cant "see" which has never been a thing.

You are the one crying here. "Because the big bad neblula is hurting my eyes. Mhue mhue mhue... Mommy take it away" 

4 minutes ago, VandelayIndustries said:

For you and about you are 2 different things. reading comprehension. 

All hail the great master of comprehension. A hail the great @VandelayIndustries.

The guy that says that you should not be saying your opinio because you were not from his time. 

The guy that says who the game is for. 

But does want you do swallow it without replying of how self-centric he is. 

All hail the great master of comprehension. A hail the great @VandelayIndustries.

The guy that says that you should not be saying your opinio because you were not from his time. 

The guy that says who the game is for. 

But does not want you do swallow it without replying of how self-centric he his. 

You done crying yet about crashing your speeder?  

But to say it makes people crash is so laughable.  like.,....lol

Then laugh. 

But your laugh is caused because of your lack of empathy towards new players. 

And hopefully NQ will disregard you suggestion to remove the nebula. 

Then laugh. 

But your laugh is caused because of your lack of empathy towards new players. 

And hopefully NQ will disregard you suggestion to remove the nebula. 

Its already been proven.  Why you clutching at this makes no sense.  You act like with the old skybox you were flying with your monitor turned off.  Look at JCs old alpha video when they flew into space. you could see perfectly.  You got some real problems if think an alteration of the skybox would suddenly make every "noob" in the game instantly crash and uninstall. 

No it was not. Because you dont account for defence, accusation, all witnesses, judge and jury. 

You and your opinion is 1.

1 in the middle of all of us. 

People don't crash from not having a nebula.  The old skybox you could see.  Those are facts.  You are delusional but hey thats for you to live with.  Hope you can get some help you need.