Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Guest laicheeeee

slicker gameplay - teleport / ship repair / etc

Recommended Posts

Guest laicheeeee

I dont have much experience with Dual Universe as I started a week ago, and I have never played a similar game before. Some suggestions to make the game a bit more easy for newbies like me

 

  1. when you crash a ship, you should be able to teleport to your ship of your choice with a 30 minutes cooldown. So you crash a ship, in 30 mins, you can go teleport back to it
  2. repair is very annoying. my suggestion is players having to click the component just once and the repair would start and finish on its own. I dont mind it costing more or taking longer in exchange.
  3. safe piloting with your ship in a VR without having to be afraid of wrecking it.
  4. until the player vendors introduced, I dont see why we need to fly over to a distant market to retrieve an item. It makes ppl rather crafting their own stuff rather than going through the painful and long process of travel. I beleive we should just have 1 market and that's it
  5. if 4 would make things too easy, or too much effort to change, i would suggest an automated transport service that would cost money, so in like 15 minutes the item would appear in the market container where you are. 4 and 5 would both boost the economy.
  6. If 4 and 5 are not happening, then at least let's get rid of you having to claim the item from the market container if you purchase something locally (in other words items should transfer to your inventory automatically). Also a warning message would be nice like "dummy you are buying something from a 200su distance, pay attention"
  7. I bought something from another market, and i have no idea where I bought it from. Does anyone know how I can figure this out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Guest laicheeeee said:

I dont have much experience with Dual Universe as I started a week ago, and I have never played a similar game before. Some suggestions to make the game a bit more easy for newbies like me

 

  1. when you crash a ship, you should be able to teleport to your ship of your choice with a 30 minutes cooldown. So you crash a ship, in 30 mins, you can go teleport back to it
  2. repair is very annoying. my suggestion is players having to click the component just once and the repair would start and finish on its own. I dont mind it costing more or taking longer in exchange.
  3. safe piloting with your ship in a VR without having to be afraid of wrecking it.
  4. until the player vendors introduced, I dont see why we need to fly over to a distant market to retrieve an item. It makes ppl rather crafting their own stuff rather than going through the painful and long process of travel. I beleive we should just have 1 market and that's it
  5. if 4 would make things too easy, or too much effort to change, i would suggest an automated transport service that would cost money, so in like 15 minutes the item would appear in the market container where you are. 4 and 5 would both boost the economy.
  6. If 4 and 5 are not happening, then at least let's get rid of you having to claim the item from the market container if you purchase something locally (in other words items should transfer to your inventory automatically). Also a warning message would be nice like "dummy you are buying something from a 200su distance, pay attention"
  7. I bought something from another market, and i have no idea where I bought it from. Does anyone know how I can figure this out?

I literally gagged a little bit.....

 

Just to humour you

 

1/ Dont crash, if you do it has consquences

2/ See 1, if you dont do 1, you are saved from doing 2, 2 is your penalty for doing 1
3/ ok
4/ live nearer the market or stop moaning you chose to live miles away from the market - probably bought into the weird Rust mentality that it is 'safer' out there
5/ pay another player to do it

6/ Pay attention
7/ See 6 but if you go to a market you can check all your market containers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Terrible post. But I'm gonna forgive it because your new. Once you actually play the game more and learn, you will be just fine and figure out these things aren't very big problems. And also if you wreck your ship that's on you. Part of the game and what makes it fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, JohnnyTazer said:

Terrible post. But I'm gonna forgive it because your new. Once you actually play the game more and learn, you will be just fine and figure out these things aren't very big problems. And also if you wreck your ship that's on you. Part of the game and what makes it fun.

If you think holding a left mousr button for 2 hours is fun, then you are out of your mind buddy :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, laicheeeee said:

If you think holding a left mousr button for 2 hours is fun, then you are out of your mind buddy :)

Two hours suggests your repair skills and scrap do not match the ship you are flying......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Moosegun said:

I literally gagged a little bit.....

 

Just to humour you

 

1/ Dont crash, if you do it has consquences

2/ See 1, if you dont do 1, you are saved from doing 2, 2 is your penalty for doing 1
3/ ok
4/ live nearer the market or stop moaning you chose to live miles away from the market - probably bought into the weird Rust mentality that it is 'safer' out there
5/ pay another player to do it

6/ Pay attention
7/ See 6 but if you go to a market you can check all your market containers

Moosegun, you have a very narrow thinking. Not everyone is as patient and as experienced as you. NQ will loose a very significant portion of their casual playerbase if they don't make certain parts of the game play a bit more easier. 1,2 makes perfect sense. Also, there is a reason why the devs are teleporting / repairing ships for the players, so I guess it will happen eventually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, laicheeeee said:

Do you carry a refiner with you on your ship?

No, it's called planning ahead. Bring tier 2 or 3 scrap in your nanopack if flying a bigger ship with bigger elements.  Takes like 3 min to repair. It's not brain surgery just need a little foresight and planning. But good news, this Is a learning experience for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This game is not, will not, and should not be easy. The most rewarding part of this game is succeeding through the difficulty not because the game got easier but because you got better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, laicheeeee said:

Moosegun, you have a very narrow thinking. Not everyone is as patient and as experienced as you. NQ will loose a very significant portion of their casual playerbase if they don't make certain parts of the game play a bit more easier. 1,2 makes perfect sense. Also, there is a reason why the devs are teleporting / repairing ships for the players, so I guess it will happen eventually.

Ok I was going to leave it with one midly sarcastic comment but you choose to play, so let play. Where do you get off thinking you can walk into a game and suggest MASSIVE fundamental gameplay changes such as products teleporting from a market place.   If that is what a 'casual playerbase' requires to satisfy them, then they can job on back to the SIMS4 and enjoy it.

As someone who helps out in help chat a fair bit, I was under the impression that people were getting repairs due to crashing caused by disconnect etc?  Which is a completely different thing, unless you are saying it is caused by incompetence and they are using support as a crutch????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Moosegun said:

Ok I was going to leave it with one midly sarcastic comment but you choose to play, so let play. Where do you get off thinking you can walk into a game and suggest MASSIVE fundamental gameplay changes such as products teleporting from a market place.   If that is what a 'casual playerbase' requires to satisfy them, then they can job on back to the SIMS4 and enjoy it.

As someone who helps out in help chat a fair bit, I was under the impression that people were getting repairs due to crashing caused by disconnect etc?  Which is a completely different thing, unless you are saying it is caused by incompetence and they are using support as a crutch????

I've heard rumors of many people getting teleports due to incompetence not server issues. Think NQ is just being extremely kind this month due to the very rocky beta launch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, JohnnyTazer said:

I've heard rumors of many people getting teleports due to incompetence not server issues. Think NQ is just being extremely kind this month due to the very rocky beta launch.

Sorry was some massive sarcasm in my comment, well aware. Mate it is a joke, I sit in discord support and it is loads of new players crying because 'their game crashed and they are stuck 40km from their ship and there poor hands are hurting so they couldnt possibly mine for scrap....." In three years never asked for a single teleport, lol  in alpha we once flew jetpacks 2SU in space to get to our space station after running out of fuel, took two hours with a rizla packet wedged in the key because you couldnt autorun, god damn it!  That is the adventure, this guy wants to sit at home in front of his tv with a pizza whilst stuff is delivered to him.

 

Forgot to add..... kids...... country gone to the dogs..... etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Moosegun said:

Sorry was some massive sarcasm in my comment, well aware. Mate it is a joke, I sit in discord support and it is loads of new players crying because 'their game crashed and they are stuck 40km from their ship and there poor hands are hurting so they couldnt possibly mine for scrap....." In three years never asked for a single teleport, lol  in alpha we once flew jetpacks 2SU in space to get to our space station after running out of fuel, took two hours with a rizla packet wedged in the key because you couldnt autorun, god damn it!  That is the adventure, this guy wants to sit at home in front of his tv with a pizza whilst stuff is delivered to him.

 

Forgot to add..... kids...... country gone to the dogs..... etc

He sounds exactly like all the highsec miners in eve who go afk, want the isk and money and not to be ganked, and are fine alt tabbed to Netflix but cry when they die. They are a cancer to the game, no doubt I was aware some of those types of people would migrate to DU, haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, JohnnyTazer said:

He sounds exactly like all the highsec miners in eve who go afk, want the isk and money and not to be ganked, and are fine alt tabbed to Netflix but cry when they die. They are a cancer to the game, no doubt I was aware some of those types of people would migrate to DU, haha.

See THAT for me is the point, I afk all the time, shit I have done overnighters at 10k whilst I sleep (my route is pretty secure though).  If I get it wrong it is my fault an I suck it up, the same is something happens in game.  The other day we got back to our awesome base built into the sand to find it completely filled in, did we cry about it, no we said "shit we have had a landslide, best we get digging".  Man up, it is just pixels, you can make ANY part for your ship from stuff in the bloody ground FFS! I see people waiting for tickets for days for stuff that takes 30 minutes to mine and make.

One of my favourite stories from alpha was Poljack and I going to space for the first time is shonky cockpit design he made that looked like a shit greenhouse (we even put decking and plants on the back).  We strapped engine to it and ended up in space, decided to fly to Thades to see the crater, ran out of fuel, ended up going to bed. Woke up, still had a hour to fly, crashed on the planet, 40 SU from the crater.  Mined for the stuff to build a speeder and fuel, it took ages.  Only to realise atmos didnt work....... ended up running 40 SU just to see the crater (took hours), mined some stuff and teleported home.  Happy days......  we even fatched the wrecked ship back and put it in a platform at our base, might even have the BP.  One for the Hawk museum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, JohnnyTazer said:

No, it's called planning ahead. Bring tier 2 or 3 scrap in your nanopack if flying a bigger ship with bigger elements.  Takes like 3 min to repair. It's not brain surgery just need a little foresight and planning. But good news, this Is a learning experience for you.

you are right! I learnt my lesson. 3-5% of my container should be with fuel and high tier scrap, but what I am merely saying is that the first couple of days of playing as a newcomer needs to be smooth and easy otherwise unpatient people (which there are a lot of) will drop it right away which will have long term financial consequences to NQ. I hope it makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing about the OP that is vaguely right is that you need to be able to middle-mouse-click to repair, like you can for mining (and ctrl-z for autorun). Still should take as long, and use the exact same amount of scrap, but saves the RSI. And autorepeat should work for the arrow keys in Build Mode, too... no need for a toggle, in that case, though :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Kezzle said:

The only thing about the OP that is vaguely right is that you need to be able to middle-mouse-click to repair, like you can for mining (and ctrl-z for autorun). Still should take as long, and use the exact same amount of scrap, but saves the RSI. And autorepeat should work for the arrow keys in Build Mode, too... no need for a toggle, in that case, though :)

I didn't know this. I made a macro for a left mouse hold, but i beleive it's still not slick enough in my opinion. i dont mind it taking more time or more resource as long as I dont need to supervise the repair of each component. I just want to start the repair of all the components, log out, logging back in an hour, and ta-da! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Moosegun said:

In three years never asked for a single teleport, lol  in alpha we once flew jetpacks 2SU in space to get to our space station after running out of fuel, took two hours with a rizla packet wedged in the key because you couldnt autorun, god damn it! 

Back in mah day, we rode horses to school and LIKED it!!!

lol. Just because you had to back then doesn't mean it's a necessary or desirable gameplay element / experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DU is not an easy game and I hope it won't be.
However "difficult" does not mean "incomprehensible", and it is undeniable that many game mechanics and tools are not very intuitive or completely unexplained.

I am against all the changes proposed at the top of the post.
The way the game is, they are fine as they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Emptiness said:

Back in mah day, we rode horses to school and LIKED it!!!

lol. Just because you had to back then doesn't mean it's a necessary or desirable gameplay element / experience.

So you have no issue with people getting teleported around when they crash their ships, even getting teleports to other planets.  That is where the community should step in.  And yes it should be necessary to sort your own shit out when it goes wrong.  If you dont agree with that, one of us is going to leave unhappy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Moosegun said:

So you have no issue with people getting teleported around when they crash their ships, even getting teleports to other planets.  That is where the community should step in.  And yes it should be necessary to sort your own shit out when it goes wrong.  If you dont agree with that, one of us is going to leave unhappy. 

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/satire
 

Quote

wit, irony, or sarcasm used to expose and discredit vice or folly

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, laicheeeee said:

I didn't know this.

Middle mouse for continous mining? I think I picked it up from one of the "mining tips" posts that were about on here earlier in the month.

1 hour ago, laicheeeee said:

I made a macro for a left mouse hold, but i beleive it's still not slick enough in my opinion. i dont mind it taking more time or more resource as long as I dont need to supervise the repair of each component. I just want to start the repair of all the components, log out, logging back in an hour, and ta-da! 

1) it shouldn't take you an hour per component. If it's taking you that long, you've acquired a "ship beyond your means".

2) there are repair bays which will repair your voxel damage, but they require fully-repaired elements (they'll replace damaged ones with fresh if you provide them). So even the recognised "repair your ship fully" option doesn't repair elements. They are, and should, require attention and spannerwork. What you're asking for isn't "making gameplay slicker", it's fundamentally changing a facet of gameplay. Don't hold your breath waiting for this change. It is working as designed. Except for the RSI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...