Water hexes on Sanctuary have no ore deposits?

Ambaire

• 3 months later...

Water tiles on Sanctuary seem to have no ore.  I have a water tile on Sanct... and it has NO minable ore.  But it's the only tile I've checked.  So... not to raise a dead topic, but for future info-miners who want to know, and start putting the pieces together.

On 9/11/2020 at 6:00 AM, BaconofWar said:

Territory scanner unit... how do you get one of those and what is the depth range? I am in a mountain and found that most of the ore starts about 100m below ground level.

You can buy territory scanners although they are expensive for new players.  They scan all the way down so they show all ore on a hex.   Some higher tier ores are 800m to 1500m down

lol seems about right for sanctuary.  Take that as your warning, get off sanctuary ASAP, do not stay there for any reason.

If we had known at the begening what we know now we would have plopped down our S-TU in any random hex, mined just enough rocks to build a barely space capable puddle jumper and flown it to Thades or Madis within the first day to set up a permeant base. 

Sanctuary is the roach motel of planets.  So little ore it traps you there if you try to do anything other than immediately leave.  That place needs to come with a warning to all new players showing up.