Sanctuary Markets

Tumeden

So as most of us know,  there are bots running parts of the markets. They sell items. They Buy items.  Where do those items go?  You guessed it ~ into the abyss. 

I know these bots were put in place to get a running start to the economy but i feel as its making a negative impact on markets.  We need to be able to sell items to REAL players, and buy items from REAL players.

This is what we need!

1) Remove the bots as its having a negative impact on market

2) Connect all sanctuary markets (temporarily) to increase the item pool for buy/sell orders and items - this way we aren't reliant on bots.  Later they could be unconnected and provide additional gameplay by market->market selling

The bot prices leave plenty of room for player to player trading, BUT without market information players can't (and so don't) place informed buy orders. People need to know what demand(past sales volume) looks like to make an informed entry into the market...

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to bring them up with a new game, but I think my favorite market systems are EVE Online and TradeSkill/Brokes Addon from World of Warcraft, used to use those ALL the time when buying selling. Those are the only two market systems. On another note, connecting all markets isn't that bad of an idea, and to not hurt immersion, maybe have inv ships flying back and forth would make it seem realistic as well. though again that increase server load some.

• 7 months later...

The problem with 100% driven economy in my opinion is if theirs not enough people playing  you find you can’t buy what you need    I am alredy finding I can’t find what I need on sanctuary moon  I always have two go two alioth 6   It wouldn't be a big deal but now the way crafting is I have two buy most eliments  I think this is something that sounds cool but probably will just punish players  time will tell