Sign in to follow this  
BaileyVandenbroek

Roads that doesn't require core to build for big cities. [suggestion]

Is using several cores really a problem? And the number needed depends on the size of the core. I believe the ability to align cores is planned, which would make it easier.

Or with adequate terraforming tools, you could just use terrain voxels to make roads.

On 8/9/2019 at 2:04 PM, Haunty said:

Is using several cores really a problem? And the number needed depends on the size of the core. I believe the ability to align cores is planned, which would make it easier.

Or with adequate terraforming tools, you could just use terrain voxels to make roads.

Yeah colouring terrain in black with white or yellow could do the job.

We have some lengthy discussion on this topic in the NDA section of the forums. There are indeed "ground vehicles", they are what you have when the vehicle is loaded with kilotons of stuff and can't lift off but can still move forward. Given limitations on how many people you might consider paying to transport a lot of stuff from point A to point B, it may very well be more economically feasible to just pay one person, one time, to move all the stuff, than a few people a few times, and also the added fuel costs.

There have a been a number of suggested solutions, none of which I can share here, but just using the terrain tool, means any old joe can walk up and mess it up.

On 8/8/2019 at 6:46 PM, BaileyVandenbroek said:

The idea would be to simplify city creation by making it easier to build streets without having to place hundreds of cores.

I'm all for this!

On 9/2/2019 at 8:18 PM, Context said:

We have some lengthy discussion on this topic in the NDA section of the forums. There are indeed "ground vehicles", they are what you have when the vehicle is loaded with kilotons of stuff and can't lift off but can still move forward. Given limitations on how many people you might consider paying to transport a lot of stuff from point A to point B, it may very well be more economically feasible to just pay one person, one time, to move all the stuff, than a few people a few times, and also the added fuel costs.

There have a been a number of suggested solutions, none of which I can share here, but just using the terrain tool, means any old joe can walk up and mess it up.

Well if that is the case, sounds like it would be better to just have a rail system implemented into the game. The videos already makes gas very expensive.

The issue with allowing players to build "roads" or "paths" without a core will always lead to griefing. There is no investment gain/loss from a player if your just allowed them to edit the world on the fly and in any territory.

If you want to build a road from one city to the next then you need to plan it out and pay for it, simple as.

XS Cores (the smallest) shouldn't be too difficult to build, but at least you own it and no other play can edit it....but possibly in the future they can destroy it and disrupt supply lines, who knows 😉