weapons on ships?

Hisshadow

Back during the original kickstarter I didnt kick in cause from what I understood there would be no weapons on the ships we were creating.

Only a soldier and his rifle...  is this still the case?   I like the looks of the game, and would love to click fund...  but if my ships don't have weapons then i'm still not interested..

thanks

sigh... so sad...  okies thanks man.    suppose ill play empyrion some more till release.    

just to be clear here: CvC will NOT be implemented in DU in release if the stretch goal isn't met

If we succeed on those 650k €, they will implement it for the release version

sigh... so sad...  okies thanks man.    suppose ill play empyrion some more till release.    

Well, if you don't get a pledge now, there may not be another chance to get Alpha Access after testing starts, since the Devs have seet those funding goals so they can deliver a game on schedule - or at least, a game that is suited for release.

And as the Devs said, the CvC feature will come on the first major patch post launch (not an expansion) if the 650K goal is not met.

The extra money simply guarantees the resources for the feature to be developed on time.

We only need 43 thousand euros more? Maby i'll upgrade my pledge but there should be more marketing for this game, I suggest the devs do more show casing to get reach that stretch goal, On the flip side I believe maby it's in their interest to not get that stretch goal.

No weapons on constructs (that's everything constructable not just ships) is a turn off for many, so they won't pledge, and so the game won't get what they want most in it. Self fulfilling prophecy.

It will be the first thing added to the game after release, even if the stretch goal is not reached. So worried, I am not.

No weapons on constructs (that's everything constructable not just ships) is a turn off for many, so they won't pledge, and so the game won't get what they want most in it. Self fulfilling prophecy.

It will be the first thing added to the game after release, even if the stretch goal is not reached. So worried, I am not.

Well, many missed the memo that the devs explained CvC will come at the first major patch post-launch (not to be confused with expansions) regardless of the stretch goal. The goal is just to ensure the feature will be ready FOR launch.

Well, many missed the memo that the devs explained CvC will come at the first major patch post-launch (not to be confused with expansions) regardless of the stretch goal. The goal is just to ensure the feature will be ready FOR launch.

We can only keep pointing out the CvC is coming regardless. And another thing: CvC is coming.  Regardless.

Anyway it will be interesting because alpha and closed beta game would be without CvC weapon so it will be great time for builders, engineers and explorers but not for military or pirates. Before final release there will be wipe but players will probably have a chance to save their bluprints with construction projects they've created. Thats some advantage compared to new players at premiere day but not as big - even if someone created a project of good fighter or battleship, he has to modyfy the project after CvC patch to add weapons. Some great project maybe will need huge reconstruction because weapon will be different than the bullders expected. For example fast and well maneuvering small spaceship designed in alpha phase as a future fighter could end as a big fail because it will be too small to add any effective weapon without loosing it's great strengths. It may be frustrating for constructors but also exciting. We will be learning on our own mistakes :)

It's not like you will need weapons on constructs right away at release anyway. It will take some time for people to gather resources and venture out and get settled away from the Arkship. Not to mention train up the skills for combat.

We only need 43 thousand euros more? Maby i'll upgrade my pledge but there should be more marketing for this game, I suggest the devs do more show casing to get reach that stretch goal, On the flip side I believe maby it's in their interest to not get that stretch goal.

There has been some since E3 last year. I think one issue is, post-No-Man's-Sky a lot of gamers don't have faith. But there are still plenty who don't know about the game yet.