Little Known Forum Feature

yamamushi

I apologize if this isn't the right forum for this topic, but I didn't know where else it might fit into.

Lately I have seen some conversations on the forum become very aggressive, insofar as people cursing at each other and getting into really heated arguments. While I think it's healthy to be able to debate openly on the forum, there are certainly some people you might not get along with very well. I'm not going to point out any names, but some people certainly have the tendency to escalate debates into full blown attacks on one another. 

Which is why I want to point out a feature of this forum that I think many people are unaware of.

If you navigate to your "My Settings" page, there is a tab on the left hand side of the page titled "'Ignore' Preferences". 

From there you can ignore any user you'd like to, including their signatures and personal messages. 

I think if more people were aware of this feature, there would be less of a chance for discussions to break down into full blown arguments, and things might stay a bit more civil overall.

hm, the only guy i've seen who directly cursed someone was that youtube fanboy who spammed the "DU is a Scam" video everywhere, but aside from that, you can ignore people with signature by just hovering over their posts, there will be a faint cross on the top right of the signature which lets you ignore them :)