Water World

coveredindyes

Just thought that it'd be great to see some planets with no land masses. 

Having huge cities under the water and awe inspiring underwater caves to explore would be so great to see!

I've personally never seen this sort of thing in an MMO.. most tend to shy away from water based content.

If any game comes to the point where waterworlds are involved, I'm more interested in encountering giant underwater animals like whales if not bigger, Now that would make a cool scene whilst inside your underwater refitted space craft!

Water worlds would be awesome, but we're still not sure how/or if DU will have water and the physics that come with it. We know that Nyz posted about underwater bases, but apparently that was so long ago that i'd say it's not 100% usable anymore. 

I think we do need some clarification about what water content is going to be available and what can be done with it... Like can you collect it, can you float on it, can you make boats... ect ect.. 

I noticed on the Unigine Website plenty of videos with water. Under water however is probably a whole different animal (amphibian?). Not being a programmer though I can't really say if underwater game-play is possible in Unigine. If it is however.....I hope we don't get swallowed up:

https://youtu.be/IIQVAShJzLo?t=45s

Always a bigger fish... ha

Anyways, from my little experience I have I beleive underwater and water related things are not difficult when the land is non-destructable.

It is where you are allowed to change the world and water needs to react to it that's the issue.

If you create a cave under a lake and then puncture the roof allowing water in.. what happens?, Does it flood from floor to roof, does it fill every sections and create air pockets, does it create pressure ?

On a side note, I wonder if there is water pressure, given that there could be water and if there is water vehicles, we could require more advanced technology to get deeper into the oceans otherwise you start to take damage or your constructs deform based on pressure inside and outside (already seeing this is as a coding nightmare, but I have faith) think subnautica.

Always a bigger fish... ha

Anyways, from my little experience I have I beleive underwater and water related things are not difficult when the land is non-destructable.

It is where you are allowed to change the world and water needs to react to it that's the issue.

If you create a cave under a lake and then puncture the roof allowing water in.. what happens?, Does it flood from floor to roof, does it fill every sections and create air pockets, does it create pressure ?

On a side note, I wonder if there is water pressure, given that there could be water and if there is water vehicles, we could require more advanced technology to get deeper into the oceans otherwise you start to take damage or your constructs deform based on pressure inside and outside (already seeing this is as a coding nightmare, but I have faith) think subnautica.

I have a feeling Nyzaltar will reply to this with something along the lines of:

"It's not planned for alpha, but I will present this idea to the dev team. It's a very interesting idea that could be a great game mechanic, but it will be difficult to implement."

Or something like:

"We have been having discussions within the dev team about this concept, although it is not yet planned to be implemented in alpha."

I have a feeling Nyzaltar will reply to this with something along the lines of:

"It's not planned for alpha, but I will present this idea to the dev team. It's a very interesting idea that could be a great game mechanic, but it will be difficult to implement."

Or something like:

"We have been having discussions within the dev team about this concept, although it is not yet planned to be implemented in alpha."

You have been quiet my friend, I have missed your messages... Also, I'm not ahead of you in posts... Muahaha :)

But yeah, I hope that isn't the reply and something comes out of it a little more concrete, I've kind of exhausted all the forums information and some elsewhere so i'm looking for new stuff now. Not that it's going to stop me adding/commenting on new ideas or anything :)

Yeah I'd love to see ocean worlds, and submarines and underwater buildings.

NQ have said in the past that stuff like pressure and temperature will be too resource hungry to implement for an MMO. And that sea vehicles will not be in the alpha but maybe further down the line. I doubt that's changed at this point.

In my opinion, there should be all planets, which the human race just can imagine. Desert Planets, Gas Planets, Jungle Planets, Earth like Planets etc.
And the more hostile the planet is the more rare resources should be there.

The universe is incredibly big and full of secrets. I am not a physicist, but who of us was ever in the deep space and who says that our laws of nature will count there :P 

In my opinion, there should be all planets, which the human race just can imagine. Desert Planets, Gas Planets, Jungle Planets, Earth like Planets etc.

And the more hostile the planet is the more rare resources should be there.

The universe is incredibly big and full of secrets. I am not a physicist, but who of us was ever in the deep space and who says that our laws of nature will count there :P

I couldn't help thinking about 'Starbound' there and tentacle planets, where the vegetation attacks you. That would be an interesting planet i think, you land there and the PLANTS come after you, growing at a exponential rate covering everything unless you burn them away with fire or some forcefield.

I'm thinking of two things that are like that, the 'growth' in C&C Tiberian Wars, where it had the mouth at the center and if tanks when through the 'growth' (not sure of it's name) they would take damage and die, same as if it grow towards buildings.

The other one is Creeper world, constantly flooding planets that if it gets to you, you die and you need to fend it off.

Either way, I would love a planet that attacks you and tried to stop you from colonizing it.

I couldn't help thinking about 'Starbound' there and tentacle planets, where the vegetation attacks you. That would be an interesting planet i think, you land there and the PLANTS come after you, growing at a exponential rate covering everything unless you burn them away with fire or some forcefield.

I'm thinking of two things that are like that, the 'growth' in C&C Tiberian Wars, where it had the mouth at the center and if tanks when through the 'growth' (not sure of it's name) they would take damage and die, same as if it grow towards buildings.

The other one is Creeper world, constantly flooding planets that if it gets to you, you die and you need to fend it off.

Either way, I would love a planet that attacks you and tried to stop you from colonizing it.

This is what I said. I dont know how "unrealistic" the game will be, but hey what is unreal.

This is what I said. I dont know how "unrealistic" the game will be, but hey what is unreal.

To be fair, we don't know if it's unrealistic or not, the only point of comparison we have to use is earth.

There could be planets out there that try to eat you, we don't know either way yet.... I like to think there is though ;)

To be fair, we don't know if it's unrealistic or not, the only point of comparison we have to use is earth.

There could be planets out there that try to eat you, we don't know either way yet.... I like to think there is though ;)

To be fair we have more than just our Earth to comparison.

But i also prefer something which will blow up my mind. So back on Point dont hang on Water Planets let your mind flow.