Backers Physical Rewards

6 hours ago, Castanietzsche said:

Hi everyone.
Any new about the backers physical rewards ? I'm still waiting for my t-shirt.

To my knowledge there's no news and this is still the most up-to-date reply:

The only news about NQ's development I've heard recently is that they are working on three game projects other than DU, and still have some job postings up relevant to that...one of them is a car combat game. 

I think it's problematic to keep DU online when they've no intention of making another major update, delay on shipping rewards they're obligated to ship (if that's indeed that's happening, they haven't given an update), all while spending money on other projects? 

No one seriously believes it takes a year to find a logistics partner.

If they have the resources to hire staff to make three other games, they can probably fulfill their physical rewards. 

It just isn't a priority because they can get away with constantly "delaying" -- delay long enough and they'll have time to launch their other IPs. If those fail, the whole company just goes away and nothing ever ships...not saying that's their plan, it's probably just that no one is working on DU anymore, so no one has taken the time to do this and the next update will be another lukewarm apology and another timeline. 

the amount of people required to pull of this update extraordinary https://www.dualuniverse.game/launcher/patch/release-1416 is what you have to deal with.

to be fair some of the time between that update and the previews was the x-mas weeks, so here is the previous patch https://www.dualuniverse.game/launcher/patch/release-1415

As i see it DU is now a pet project of NQ, they have other things to do that are more rewarding to the company. But they still have a little space in the corner for their first game.

And that is ok just dont expect any thing speciel from NQ.

1 hour ago, Kurosawa said:

As i see it DU is now a pet project of NQ, they have other things to do that are more rewarding to the company. But they still have a little space in the corner for their first game.

And that is ok just dont expect any thing speciel from NQ.

That's 100% fair, and I think some of their ideas are probably a better use of the limited tech than something so ambitious as DU....can't really argue that DU as a product doesn't work and can't work without extreme investment that makes no sense. 

But it's sketchy that they've (perhaps) decided to prioritize other projects ahead of their obligations to backers. If you can hire new people, you can send people some freakin' t-shirts. 

Granted KS only represents ~5% or less of their total investment, but it just seems like bad PR, especially if they're trying to release other games. Some people might even think the narrative is "developer used KS money to fund other projects and never sent rewards" (which is not exactly fair but kinda true). 

If I were them, I'd especially want this cleared up in advance of trying to release any other game to avoid the NQ brand being polluted by DU's many mistakes. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm pretty sure we've all been scammed. I don't think they will ever send anything. I think Novaquark has realized they can just string us along indefinitely, and never actually send anything. 

I'm not sure what legal recourse we have either. I can say that I'm really upset about all of this. 

On 3/15/2024 at 11:22 AM, mghtyred said:

I'm pretty sure we've all been scammed. I don't think they will ever send anything. I think Novaquark has realized they can just string us along indefinitely, and never actually send anything. 

I'm not sure what legal recourse we have either. I can say that I'm really upset about all of this. 

It's really unfortunate -- I can't speak much to physical rewards except to say you aren't the only one that's not received them...and it really is absurd to ask people to wait almost a decade considering they've decided to fund 3 other game projects in the meantime. 

They had money to hire people for these projects (I've seen the job postings), but not to fulfill the rewards, hmm? Always some "complication" after so many years...really?

The other thing that speaks to trustworthiness is the state of DU itself. They've no issues charing people monthly for a sub but refuse to articulate anything about the state of the game and the seemingly obvious reality that there will be no more major updates.

That's is definitely "stringing people along" (at best) -- there hasn't been a "major" update since June 2023 and they should at least have the integrity to let people know it isn't being developed anymore.  

Unfortunately, Kickstarter makes it pretty clear: you have no recourse except to sue them, yourself, and the cost of that lawsuit would likely exceed any damages if you won, which you likely wouldn't because (afaik) NQ isn't obligated to ship anything in any specific timeframe. 

This is why it's (IMO) a mistake to back anything on Kickstarter, because if they really want to sell me something in exchange for revenue, they can do it under terms that obligate them to actually provide that thing! 

Too bad that dishonest people ruin it for everyone, but that's capitalism for you.

I was just looking at the old  Kickstarter page, wondering what physical rewards they haven't sent out yet.  I already got the Arcship ID card a few months ago, but that was the only thing i was supposed to get.  

I hadn't realized that they sold the Kyrium Backers a lifetime sub and 160 DACs too.  It literally advertises the DACs as a value of 2880 euros.  But if you can't trade them in-game, they have zero value to someone with a lifetime sub.

I never really understood why they didn't implement the DACs as an in-game item.  Seems like selling them would generate revenue.  But i wasn't considering how many DACs they sold during the kickstarter.

That's pretty messed up NQ.

I evven got a mail from NQ telling me that now "is the best time to come back to DU" and offering me 20% on subscription ...

I am a Ruby Founder. I have a lifetime subscription :)

10 hours ago, sHuRuLuNi said:

I evven got a mail from NQ telling me that now "is the best time to come back to DU" and offering me 20% on subscription ...

I did see it was on sale on Steam and rolled my eyes....it crosses the line into being straight-up deceptive when they put the thing on sale saying it's a "great time to join" all-the-while knowing they have zero plans to update (finish) it.

As a subscription game, it's just dishonest and shows a lack of integrity. 

I think I trust Activision-Blizzard more than NQ at this point, because at least they update their scammy products. At least they make something playable, if only to sell absurdly overpriced micro-transactions. They don't pretend that it's a great time to join their subscription game while funneling every last cent into other projects. 

It's not good when Activision-Blizzard seems like it has more integrity than your company, but that's how I view NQ at this point.

This is the same company that whined about how feedback needs to be "balanced" with positive notes to be considered, complaining how "unfair" they are treated in "toxic" reviews even as they present obviously false or exaggerated trailers and pretend the game is still under development to sell subs. 

It isn't just incompetence that led to where we are, there's at least a sliver of malice in how they want people to keep paying while having no plans to use that money to support the subscription game! 

And of course, nearly 9 years later, I'm moving. 

Despite still not receiving anything in all this time, they're now telling me that they had a deadline of last month to update addresses. So now that I've decided to move, I'm S.O.L. on my physical rewards. Whenever they decide to send them (probably in another 9 years) they will send them to whatever address was in their database as of February. 

At this point, I may just have to sue these guys. They've made it quite clear they don't care about their backers. 

11 hours ago, mghtyred said:

Despite still not receiving anything in all this time, they're now telling me that they had a deadline of last month to update addresses. So now that I've decided to move, I'm S.O.L. on my physical rewards. Whenever they decide to send them (probably in another 9 years) they will send them to whatever address was in their database as of February. 

At this point, I may just have to sue these guys. They've made it quite clear they don't care about their backers. 

Is there a way to set up mail forwarding? At least in the US that will cover you for a year. 

Otherwise it really is lame that after all these delays they can't be bothered with an address update.

If you're feeling vengeful, also consider complaining to Kickstarter.

They won't help you get your stuff, but they might at least flag NQ and maybe that hinders them from trying to throw their three other game projects into crowdfunding to take advantage of yet more people. 

I and many others have made complaints to Kickstarter. We've all been told that Kickstarter will not assist us, and if we have an issue with being defrauded we would need to take legal action against NQ. 

It may come to that. 

14 hours ago, blundertwink said:

Is there a way to set up mail forwarding? At least in the US that will cover you for a year. 

If they were sending by USPS, of course. As this is coming from outside of the US, and because Novaquark is likely to use the cheapest possible shipper they can find, if I had to guess, they will end up using DHL or a company that will pass off to UPS for the delivery to the US address. In either case, they will not have access to, nor will they follow the USPS change of address. If they use UPS, it is possible I will be able to have the package diverted in transit. Not so sure about DHL. 

Still the point is after waiting NINE YEARS, and they STILL HAVEN'T shipped yet, they shouldn't be asking the FOUNDERS to jump through hoops to get physical rewards they were promised almost a decade ago. Heck, I bet some of the founders have actually died waiting for their rewards. This whole situation sucks. Novaquark did us dirty, and it's clear they don't care about us.