Backers Physical Rewards

6 hours ago, Castanietzsche said:

Hi everyone.
Any new about the backers physical rewards ? I'm still waiting for my t-shirt.

To my knowledge there's no news and this is still the most up-to-date reply:

The only news about NQ's development I've heard recently is that they are working on three game projects other than DU, and still have some job postings up relevant to that...one of them is a car combat game. 

I think it's problematic to keep DU online when they've no intention of making another major update, delay on shipping rewards they're obligated to ship (if that's indeed that's happening, they haven't given an update), all while spending money on other projects? 

No one seriously believes it takes a year to find a logistics partner.

If they have the resources to hire staff to make three other games, they can probably fulfill their physical rewards. 

It just isn't a priority because they can get away with constantly "delaying" -- delay long enough and they'll have time to launch their other IPs. If those fail, the whole company just goes away and nothing ever ships...not saying that's their plan, it's probably just that no one is working on DU anymore, so no one has taken the time to do this and the next update will be another lukewarm apology and another timeline. 

the amount of people required to pull of this update extraordinary https://www.dualuniverse.game/launcher/patch/release-1416 is what you have to deal with.

to be fair some of the time between that update and the previews was the x-mas weeks, so here is the previous patch https://www.dualuniverse.game/launcher/patch/release-1415

As i see it DU is now a pet project of NQ, they have other things to do that are more rewarding to the company. But they still have a little space in the corner for their first game.

And that is ok just dont expect any thing speciel from NQ.

1 hour ago, Kurosawa said:

As i see it DU is now a pet project of NQ, they have other things to do that are more rewarding to the company. But they still have a little space in the corner for their first game.

And that is ok just dont expect any thing speciel from NQ.

That's 100% fair, and I think some of their ideas are probably a better use of the limited tech than something so ambitious as DU....can't really argue that DU as a product doesn't work and can't work without extreme investment that makes no sense. 

But it's sketchy that they've (perhaps) decided to prioritize other projects ahead of their obligations to backers. If you can hire new people, you can send people some freakin' t-shirts. 

Granted KS only represents ~5% or less of their total investment, but it just seems like bad PR, especially if they're trying to release other games. Some people might even think the narrative is "developer used KS money to fund other projects and never sent rewards" (which is not exactly fair but kinda true). 

If I were them, I'd especially want this cleared up in advance of trying to release any other game to avoid the NQ brand being polluted by DU's many mistakes. 

• 3 weeks later...