[Game Suggestion] - Scanner Results Book

ADCOne

While I am sure there is a reason for moving every item from one container to another separately and I am not sure how much these moves tax the servers either however, moving about 1000 scans from one container to another certainly takes a minute or two.

I think it might be better, at least for scanner results, to have them all add into one book (Scanner Results Book) when they are being created. This would allow people for you to move all scan results with one move instead of each scan individually. You would also still need to be able to remove an individual scan from a book, when it come to selling the results etc.

It might also be better to make a Scanner Results Book only work per planet (scanner results from planet A will not go into a book with scanner results from another planet - like planet B), to avoid confusing which book you let the scan results within etc. You'd have to be able to merge scanner result books from the same planet though for this to work as intended.

Anyway just thought this would be a good QoL improvement and might save some server work etc.

2 hours ago, Hecticus said:

I usually package them and label it e.g. “Teoma scans” there’s your book.

How long does packaging and unpacking them take? Can you add items / remove items from the package once it is made or is it fixed once packaged up?

If its fixed its not really the same thing but probably very handy for moving between containers.

On 12/18/2023 at 12:25 PM, ADCOne said:

How long does packaging and unpacking them take? Can you add items / remove items from the package once it is made or is it fixed once packaged up?

If it’s fixed it’s not really the same thing but probably very handy for moving between containers.

Only takes a few seconds to pack and unpack. If you die the packages will unpack themselves. The scans will all be loose in your nanopack again.

Edited by Hecticus
Autocorrect

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2023 at 11:11 PM, Hecticus said:

Only takes a few seconds to pack and unpack. If you die the packages will unpack themselves. The scans will all be loose in your nanopack again.

Thanks

Your suggestion of a "Scanner Results Book" sounds like a great quality of life improvement for the game. Moving a large number of scans one by one can be quite time-consuming, and having them automatically organized into a single book would be a huge time-saver.