Poetic justice for schematic abusers

Dupont

On 25/01/2021 at 1:49 PM, Dupont said:

I believe the easiest, cleanest, and painless (for the innocent) way to deal with the "low cost" schematic debacle is to simply reverse the transactions from the market logs.

For everyone that purchased an affected schematic during the time when they were 1/100 of their normal price, simply subtract 99% of the normal price from their account. If the person still has that schematic, then they can sell it on the open market.

If they don't have the money in that account anymore due to money laundering, then it should be allowed to go negative so they can work off their greed.

I would not be surprised if that kind of log creation was already disabled to reduce IT costs. 

In all past issues NQ has showed a lack of ability or will to find what had happened. They limited themselves to find the current status and act apon that status. 

On 1/25/2021 at 7:18 AM, vylqun said:

The so often mentioned "ATV-Insider Info exploits" that barely ever happened. 

Yeah I'm getting tired of ppl blaming the ATV for everything.  Do ppl really think they listened to our suggestions any more than anyone else's?  Everything that's wrong now WAS brought up by the ATV.  They rarely listen to anything we say, which is why there are like only 10 of us who even bother anymore.

Then we get accused of "insider exploits".   I'm pretty sure that no one was told about these exploits ahead of time.  I heard of every one of these debacles in recent months the exact same time everyone else did.

6 hours ago, Dhara said:

Yeah I'm getting tired of ppl blaming the ATV for everything. 

This is over-generalization. No one accuse all ATV members in leaking, using this info personaly for profit or god forbid, generating "bad advising" to NQ (because is obvious now, that NQ give little muck about ATV feedback or something). And this is very understable, that honest members of ATV pissed-off, when hearing such stuff. 

Its about instututional failure of ATV mostly.

Yet, someone leaking (everytime before major update), on info level, that is roughtly available to ATV (or even bit more), forwarding info to players, who then spread it. And then it used for profit (often -- extensivly). Rumours go around pretty quickly, some people are just good at guessing or "reading" NQ blablabla in streams and devblogs, catching intent right. Still, there is legit leaks, sometimes 1-2 weaks before, that are 90% accurate against incoming patch notes/future reality. Majority of players can have some guesses at this point, but not clear picture to act (and this clarity gives exactly this hated unfair advantage).

I'm talking not in theory, because personaly, spending much time in "DU underground" via my wannabe press activities, encountered later confirmed leaks (of different severity) before majority of players knew. 

There is also tantalizing posibility, that some NQ stuff involved (who have informal relations with players), but we better not go into this rabbit hole.