market. now with teleportation!!!

DarkAster

If such a device existed that allowed players to teleport directly to a market hub to buy and sell things, it would totally break the logistics aspects of the game. There's no way this will ever happen. It seems like your issue is more that you keep crashing, which is certainly a big problem, but this is not the way to go about fixing it.

C’mon they have market to maker teleportation and even teleportation between Alioth and Sanctuary!!!

imo that’s already genre breaking enough...

ie why cant *WE* make teleport pads if aphelia has the tech...

I do actually want a T5 teleport pad that teleports me between tiles I own on the same planet. Or even just up to 10km. 

but it should be like the warp drive: be cool in concept but have a scrotum squeezingly high cost to make / use...

also, back to the OP:

OP: OMG; a 15 minute trip to the market

Graxxor: Laughs in Elite Dangerous...

Well technically you are doing an "instant shuttle" between sanct and Alloth. Once AI is in and it can fly I can see this actually taking more than the load times. I also am not sure if the transports between districts in Alloth will make it long term and also they are short range of about 20km max.

Also, just no. Supply and demand - if planet X only has ABC and planet Y only has DEF then instant transporting between the two would negate any reason to make ore planet specific ergo no reason for folks to make a trip to sell ore for more on planet y where the ore would be worth more to folks not wanting to make the trip.

35 minutes ago, DarkAster said:

How about you can only teleport what you can carry which means it only works for small things. That way logistics is still needed for ore and big purchases.

How about you get into your ship and fly to the market like everyone else?

8 hours ago, DarkAster said:

Do you read any thread you comment on or are you trolling? I was at market but the game kept crashing and could not leave. Hence my frustration and the not so great Idea I came up with. 

So you want them to introduce teleportation because you have an issue with crashing, yeah that sounds a lot less self entitled........

• 5 months later...

Holy necrotic post, Batman!

But yeah, like I said above, short range teleport between cores. I said 10km above but reduced to 1km should also be fine. 
may least make elavstors able to traverse an entire core. Currently they are limited to 64m  so you need 4 elevators to go diagonally or 5 to go from coroner to opposite corner of an L core build cube.