Extremely noob question on mining

Fra119

Hello everyone!

I'm 3/4 hours into the game and I just noticed it won't let me mine outside of my tile on sanctuary, so this question came into my mind: how will I gather ores once the few veins inside my tile are gone? Do I have to leave the Planet this early? Market? Surface rocks? 

Thx in advance ?

The idea for the sanctuary tile is to be a safe stash for anything ytou no matter what. (PvP is coming to planets, only the arkship area and sanctuary moon will be safe!)

Yes, indeed you must venture out into the vast world to continue progressing. However it is perfectly viable to set up a manufacturing plant to buy ores and sell what you produce. It's up to you what playstyle you choose to pursue from this point on.

2 hours ago, Fra119 said:

it won't let me mine outside of my tile on sanctuary

Actually, surface rocks in purple (npc) hexes can be mined. Even starting from nothing from a respawn starter hex, you can still mine/craft/build a basic speeder without spending money.

in the lineup of jobs to do the pvp on the planets is among the last (c is on the first page at login, no guesswork).
Considering the time to do everything else, I think it will not arrive for 6-9 months.
And maybe I'm optimistic.
So don't rush to leave the sanctuary for this.

Rather consider that once you run out of resources in your land you will have to find a way to continue without.
In this sense you can rely on orgs, or go to other planets, trade or sell services etc.

25 minutes ago, Leogradance said:

Rather consider that once you run out of resources in your land

Surface rocks. As they actively regenerate in real time, infinity T1+T2 resources can be obtained from a single Sanctuary hex, given time and effort.

I actually haven't mined any subsurface deposits yet and I have a fully enclosed S static core (256m3 of shiny black iron, ~1024m3 of shiny black concrete, and 256m3 of matte black concrete) and am gradually filling it with lovely machinery.

It is tedious and requires lots of precise clicking and holding, true, but at optimal rates, I can obtain up to 24kL of T1 (20 rocks per minute) or 14kL of T2 (12 rocks per minute) per hour.

I got the achievement for 10kL of surface coal rocks last night, but the achievement for 100kL of surface quartz rocks will probably take a few more days.

I think you have really optimized the production capacity of a tiles on the sanctuary moon.

Personally what I did was:
1. Claimed the territory in a place that I like
2. enjoy the view
3. leave

I haven't dug a single hole in the moon sanctuary. the amount of minerals and the type you can get from them are limited.

I currently have a base on Alioth of 2 M cores, 2 outposts on Madis, 6 ships of which a carrier to carry around the other 5 and still several tens of thousands of liters of raw materials and parts for ships (I build ships).

And I play alone.

The sanctuary moon is an initial area.
Use it to understand the game but don't stop there, the game starts out there.