Hand-held weaponry with Upgrades and Attachments!

Apollyon

I think that we should get some kind of Hand-held weapon system so military don't always have to use Rockets or high-powered Machine guns to take down city's. This Idea will provide a little more calmer solution to Raid/Invading bases or Civilization. Custom Attachments and Upgrades should be used, maybe just maybe you could actually make the gun yourself make it Automatic, Semi, Single-fire with different elements like Plasma, Electricity, Bullets, etc. I think this would be a great Idea for a Weapon-making business and just Raiding/Invading in general. Hope you guys see this.  

• 5 weeks later...

Well if i remember corectly (and i'm pretty sure) there would be aboarding (considering JC speak about a "respawn point" in your ship you had to defend with gate and probably weapons) soo that's not confirmerd but there a great chance

don't known about DCA / Tank for on ground combat, that could be logic and pretty cool

It would be nice to be able to do some research on weapon elements and by that to build your own. That way you could decide on area damage or point damage, distance verses crit rate,

stuff like that.

i would love to be able to build customized sniper weapons that would be powerful enough to pierce glass or cockpits but will be useless against real armor. just to be able to shoot someone right off his/her craft without damaging it to much.

• 2 months later...

Just going to throw in my 2 cents here. I’d like weapons with different customizable attachments like what you see in PUBG or Blackout. For example different scopes,sights,grips etc for handheld weapons like rifles,submachine guns,assault rifles and machines guns.

I would wait for alpha 3 to see how exactly combat will be implemented but am pretty sure it will be tab-taget (lock and fire) based, so any elements and mods our weapons could have will only change some stat numbers and nothing more. Unless NQ suddenly decides to instance first person fights and limit those to 60 or so players per instance there will be no action physics based combat, no throwing actual frag mines and watching them bounce etc. - lock and fire is what we should all prepare to.