What Attracted You To The Dual Universe Game and Community

Eris Bellona

I'm a huge fan of games that involve other players. I love interacting with a community, rather than just playing a single player game.

I'm not really all that into pvp, but what I mean by interaction is trading, team missions and that sort of thing. I used to play some of the earlier fantasy/sci fi games where the purpose was to build entire communities and empires. That was always so enjoyable.

Chris Roberts endorsed the kickstarter on the Star Citizen website, so I checked it out. Definitely a game worthy of support even though I'm a little concerned it will just be a gank-fest (in which case I'll stay in the safe zone and build space ships)

I played Star Wars Galaxies, and loved the player ran market system there. Been searching for something that could feed that while allowing my to partake in things like full scale building, pvp and the like. Have tried a lot of various games, got stuck in another MMO and enjoyed it for a long time. And then a friend from that MMO told me about DU, started watching all the videos done by NQ, watching DU news and interviews with orgs. Have to say, it is ambitious but it feels right up my alley..so here I am.

I am a long time space engineers player and first heard of DU at E3. I instantly fell in love with the concept of a real build your own universe game. I am already a bronze backer and may upgrade in the future if things still continue to improve.  For me, DU is everything space engineers should of been but never will be. After watching the hour long dev gameplay video, I can see how easily it is for a seasoned SE player to start playing in DU because so many of the systems and methods are nearly identical but completely improved. I noticed little things from SE, star citizen, eve, and empyrion during that dev gameplay video. It really looks like the devs took the best aspects from all these games and forged something that is worth a try. 

My biggest worry comes down to how the game will perform once the world puts the server under load. It took SE many years to finally improve their online laggy mess and I can imagine DU will have the same growing pains for a long time.

In all honesty, if NQ would promote more about the game monthly subscriptions can be bought with ingame currency I could see many more people becoming interested in the game. The monthly subscription is the biggest player repellent and until today (after much research) I found out DAC can be purchased via ingame currency. (just not currently) NQ needs to tell more people that this is happening and DU will become more popular very quickly. People would be willing to pay a monthly subscription once or twice if they can earn future gameplay time from ingame earnings.  If NQ keeps this idea beyond release, I commend them. 

I was trolling kickstarter back 2016 when I ran across this dimmed in the ruff. I want to be part of building somthing. Every mmo I have been in the guilds were small or inactive. 

I played swg from day 2 would of played day 1 but the servers crashed all day lol I can only hope this game is as in depth and fun but with out the bugs lol