SLI or Crossfire support?

I would greatly appreciate support for this feature, but from what I can tell there has been no mention of support for either. And if following the trend of other games, it is something that can wait until after release to optimize for if enough people want it. I am currently using 1070 SLI configuration, so i can play it on one card worse case scenario no support, but still even minor support would be appreciated. Just not at the cost of delaying the game.

I would greatly appreciate support for this feature, but from what I can tell there has been no mention of support for either. And if following the trend of other games, it is something that can wait until after release to optimize for if enough people want it. I am currently using 1070 SLI configuration, so i can play it on one card worse case scenario no support, but still even minor support would be appreciated. Just not at the cost of delaying the game.

Doesn't Unigine 2 support it innately?

If I remember correctly, they can use one GPU in-engine for the background data stream and the other one for the things happening onyour screen (like how it works in many cases) with SLI and just raw processing power for Crossfire.

I would like to see support for this, too. I have yet to build the next computer which I will be playing DU on, so if I knew in advance, it would be helpful. Then again I can always just reserve a slot for another GPU and hope.

Doesn't Unigine 2 support it innately?

If I remember correctly, they can use one GPU in-engine for the background data stream and the other one for the things happening onyour screen (like how it works in many cases) with SLI and just raw processing power for Crossfire.

Although i searched i could not find any evidence of native support.

• 1 month later...

Honestly i kinda hope they don't bother unless is it shown to be very high demand.  I was a big fan of SLI, but bottom line with unified engines and games being designed for console, PC and mobile, SLI is being dropped(as console has no SLI, and even among pc its not common), many games wont support it and those that do usually do so very poorly. This is why I moved to the 1080 instead of 2 1070's

14 hours ago, BaxtonHunter said:

I would also like to know about multiple monitors?

This is almost a necessity but I don't know if the game necessarily needs anything special to support it. I could be completely wrong though. 

• 1 month later...

This isn't the correct way to ask this.

First we need to answer another question.

Will DU be GPU or CPU "heavy"?

Or in other words, what will it use the most, the GPU or the CPU.

Depending the answer two questions arise;

1) If it is GPU heavy, will it support SLI/Crossfire? (now it is the appropriate time to ask this)

2) If it is CPU heavy, will it be developed with the new Ryzen CPUs in mind?

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 11:09 AM, ostris said:

Honestly i kinda hope they don't bother unless is it shown to be very high demand.  I was a big fan of SLI, but bottom line with unified engines and games being designed for console, PC and mobile, SLI is being dropped(as console has no SLI, and even among pc its not common), many games wont support it and those that do usually do so very poorly. This is why I moved to the 1080 instead of 2 1070's

I disagree with the statement that SLI is being dropped. There are many people who build computers with SLI or Crossfire. It is actually becoming even more common the larger resolutions that people are pushing their computers and games to handle. I know BliitzTheFox runs dual 1070's and it is supported in many games. There are many times where a game will recognize a SLI configuration as a single graphics card it is not supported by default. This still allows usage of both video cards.