Users images in-game

Shynras

I am completely against anything to limit or discourage people from uploading logos because someone might make one that is inappropriate.  The ones who upload the inappropriate images should be penalized, not everyone else.  If constructs do not need to be preapproved, there is no reason to require it for logos.

My thoughts exactly.  If constructs don't need a pass by devs, why do logos?

I think as of right now we don't need any limits on submitting logos. But the problem is, what happens when the game hits 2 Million+ people and everyone and their mother wants to make multiple logos?

In my opinion there are three viable ways to handle the issue of too many logos (if and when the problem arises)

A. Don't let people create multiple different organizations on their own, and limit each organization to one logo.

B. Have some type of cost for submitting logos to the server (like what Archeage does).

C. Get more servers to store the logos and have no restrictions.

Keep in mind that with option C, it also makes it easier for people to abuse the system, spam uploading inappropriate images. Even if the images get reported, NQ staff still have to review those cases and ban appropriately.

I mean if NQ wants to do option C I'm fine with that :P but if it were my company I'd pick option B

There is a cost to uploading and storing images, so I would not mind a reasonable charge for that.  However, I would not like permitting only certain players to upload logos or making the charge so high it discourages people from having even a sensible amount of them.

• 3 years later...

Maybe there is another way to make the Process efficient and unlimited

NQ could outsource the Image Review to the Player with some Rules: 

1. If you want to upload an Image you have to Review a number of Images from another Players.

2. The Review Process is determinded by a detailed Codex of allowed/disallowed Ingredients of an Image, if a Player wants to upload an Image he has to read it and make a Test (questionnaire) to insure he has read the Codex.

3. The Review Process:

A Player want to upload his own made Logo -> he goes to the Website/Ingame Review Section in order to get his own image approved -> As exchange of his Review work he can take his own Image to the Review Process -> On the Website/Ingame Review Section now; -> He gets an Image to Review from another Player and have to approve the Codex Compatibility with a questionnaire.

I think its kind of intuitive, easy and effective, it is inspired by the Overwatch Anti-Cheat System in Counter-Strike.

Some advanced thoughts/possibilities with that:

-U could score a Reviewer lower/higher based on his accuracy of codexcompatibility in previous Reviews (less/more needed Players approvement for an Image)

-U can adjust Codex/Questionnear if needed

-Its a self learning System (Authors have to Review Images and make the Images, circle closed)
-With some easy probability calculations and thresholdvalues an Image can be approved

-Free Pricemaking for NQ in Terms of Servercost to store images (static for deployment/dynamic in Review Phase)

-Possibility for Account bound penalties