RDMS: Invisible tags

Kurock

Yes. It's like going online on TS FIRST and ask if everything is clear before you log into eve.

If you can't do shit about that tag, it's just op. In a game their always has to be am action and a reaction. Cause otherwise I just tag anyone because why not? May be handy later? Can't remove it anyway and even if they know it they will eventually forget it again. I really see no point at all in such a feature.

Besides: manually hunting down your prey by dscan is the most hilarious profession in eve. Very satisfying

I don't know what TS stands for (I'm sorry, I never played EVE, so your terms for its mechanics are going over my head), but setting invisible tags on somewhat would not be a major game mechanic at all, and that's what you're making it out to be. I feel that you're vastly overestimating how much people would end up caring about these if they were in the game. They would be mildly useful, every once in a while. Few people would care enough to actually use them, or train to detect and remove them. It would just be one of those minor mechanics in a game that people don't care about, or use much.

And setting random tags on random people would be worthless because they can only trigger things later, so you just have a random mess of people tagged. It would bad for you, you want to know where your invisible tags are. And I think from the beginning it was very clear that the other point to invisible tags was that there would be a way to remove them.

At this point, I feel your drive for continuing to come back here and rip apart the idea goes beyond you simply being opposed to it.

I don't know what TS stands for (I'm sorry, I never played EVE, so your terms for its mechanics are going over my head), but setting invisible tags on somewhat would not be a major game mechanic at all, and that's what you're making it out to be. I feel that you're vastly overestimating how much people would end up caring about these if they were in the game. They would be mildly useful, every once in a while. Few people would care enough to actually use them, or train to detect and remove them. It would just be one of those minor mechanics in a game that people don't care about, or use much.

And setting random tags on random people would be worthless because they can only trigger things later, so you just have a random mess of people tagged. It would bad for you, you want to know where your invisible tags are. And I think from the beginning it was very clear that the other point to invisible tags was that there would be a way to remove them.

At this point, I feel your drive for continuing to come back here and rip apart the idea goes beyond you simply being opposed to it.

Teamspeak

Sooo... people don't care about it. They won't use it much. It's only mildly useful (read: senseless). You can remove them with ease (which leads to my boring chain).

So why waste resources and manpower on it to implement that?

Besides: I don't think you know why I'm opposed to it. Obviously

Teamspeak

Sooo... people don't care about it. They won't use it much. It's only mildly useful (read: senseless). You can remove them with ease (which leads to my boring chain).

So why waste resources and manpower on it to implement that?

Besides: I don't think you know why I'm opposed to it. Obviously

So it would seem we both feel like it would be minor, and due to that we have opposite feelings towards it. You say it's minor, so why. I say it's minor, so why not. Fair enough in my opinion. I'm not looking to make any enemies here, especially not over something silly like this. You have your reasons to oppose it, and that's totally fine.

the only placei can see this being used convceniently is place these invisible tags around space station systems that are supposed to be restricted so when someone goes in one of the places he gets a tag on him and if he ever walks through the front door or what not the tag would trigger a trap door or what not that would "arrest" the perpetrator.

the only placei can see this being used convceniently is place these invisible tags around space station systems that are supposed to be restricted so when someone goes in one of the places he gets a tag on him and if he ever walks through the front door or what not the tag would trigger a trap door or what not that would "arrest" the perpetrator.

No arrest with some mechanic to counter that. Would be just bad and op if you could trap a player because of some invisible tag

Prisons are covered in another thread. Summary: there are no prisons (unless the prisoner RPs it)

But a lethal alternative would work in this example.

unless players are able to kill themselves it is possible to trap players untill they run out of food and stuff sort of like a prison just not forever thatway trolls cant just lock people up. unless im missing something here

unless players are able to kill themselves it is possible to trap players untill they run out of food and stuff sort of like a prison just not forever thatway trolls cant just lock people up. unless im missing something here

You miss something here

never mind i found my answer with suicide button. but still, in that case you can just "imprison" players in a sense that they choose to stay and keep thweir stuff or die and loose their gear.

By the way, I thought they already said they will not be implementing food / water survival mechanics.

By the way, I thought they already said they will not be implementing food / water survival mechanics.

..at launch. If the devs decide to add "farms" in the game, then food is a new prosperous industry for players to dwell into.