Dual Universe (unofficial) Community Discord

yamamushi

Hi Everyone,

I realize that this was posted before, but for the life of me, I can't seem to find the original thread. If this one could be merged with that one if it is ever found I would appreciate it :-)

I wanted to give up an update about the Community Discord that we've been hosting :-)

It is a non-official community discord that several of us from this forum set up several months ago, but we've done our best to uphold the spirit of Dual Universe within it and to bring as many people as possible together under one place where we can chat openly about the game.

We're now at 317 Members in Discord from all sorts of alliances and groups. Kickstarter was certainly an exciting, if not stressful, time for all of us in Discord. I also find it amazing that we still manage to find something to talk about every day surrounding Dual Universe.

There have been squabbles and rants back and forth, but I think it's refreshing to see people settle out their differences in real-time, and ultimately realize that we're all in the same boat heading towards Alpha/Beta/Release.

I look forward to continuing this trend of open discussions and keeping everyone enthusiastic through this long wait ahead :-)

For those that aren't currently aware of the Discord that I'm referring to:

http://discord.me/dualuniverse

I just had a dig around than and it seems that you've never really 'officially' posted the Discord address before - You mention it a couple of times but I think most of the joining has been done through sharing via word of mouth or possibly via the community site (unsure whether you put it on the D.U.E. pages).

Anyway,
nice work keeping it running mate, it can get quite hectic running a large amount of people on a voice/chat system. 

Keep it up. :D 

Previous discord server mention can be found here

Who all was responsible for creating the discord server or was this all yamamushi's idea?

When Zander made me a moderator on /r/dualthegame on Reddit, he invited me into the Discord he had created for the mods of that subreddit (there was maybe 2 or 3 of us in there at the time). I suggested to him that we open it up to the whole community, and with some initial hesitation, he agreed. It kind of exploded from there (this was back in June maybe a week after E3). Zander was kind of overwhelmed with the response and transferred the Discord ownership over to me and the rest is history. 

No single person can really take credit for it, though, as it was a combination of several people working together that made it happen.

Neopolitan, Darius, Wardion2000, Cybrex, Myself, etc. (Sorry if I didn't list someone here, I'm just waking up). 

Excellent. This was all before I found the forums so please bear with my questions.

There is a recruitment channel on the discord server where any organization can advertise their organization.

So I take it that this discord server does not favor any one organization over another?

Excellent. This was all before I found the forums so please bear with my questions.

There is a recruitment channel on the discord server where any organization can advertise their organization.

So I take it that this discord server does not favor any one organization over another?

As Schoff - one of the moderators in it - told me, nobody is more important than anyone else. Hence why I'm not kicked out yet :P

As Schoff - one of the moderators in it - told me, nobody is more important than anyone else. Hence why I'm not kicked out yet :P

Whatever do you mean by that? We all love you!

Indeed. Which is why we have moderators from several different alliances, and why I haven't joined any organizations (other than Meru and DUE, which isn't really an in-game organization). 

I've tried to stay neutral, albeit I could do a better job of it when talking about organizations (we all could really). I can be moody sometimes, which I really shouldn't take out on other people. That's more of a personality flaw I have that I'm trying to work on. 

I see the Order of Meru is a religious organization. (I'd like my Order of Meru to have a side of Cthulhu please). That is easy to understand.

DU Explorers says it's a fan based organization. That makes it a bit more difficult to define exactly. So you are saying that this organization won't exist as an in game organization when DU is released? It does contain prominent members of many other organizations (even Twerk is there). So what exactly does DU Explorers do?

I see the Order of Meru is a religious organization. (I'd like my Order of Meru to have a side of Cthulhu please). That is easy to understand.

DU Explorers says it's a fan based organization. That makes it a bit more difficult to define exactly. So you are saying that this organization won't exist as an in game organization when DU is released? It does contain prominent members of many other organizations (even Twerk is there). So what exactly does DU Explorers do?

The Podcast? >.> 

You are aware of the Podcast, right? :P

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-DRi77Q1S7ODGCny1bUIhA

As Cap'n pointed out, we do a weekly podcast -> https://www.youtube.com/c/duexplorers