Engineering "Widgets" with Secret Advantages to Organizations

Drakor

Will it be possible to create "Add-On" components which, in turn, have nefarious programming embedded giving advantage to an organization? Say for example, GTEC creates a very popular "widget" making spaceship weapons more accurate but, unknown to buyers, it was secretly designed to frequently miss a GTEC spacecraft?   Muahahaha, I can hear the wheels of many other possibilities spinning in the minds of many people!

What would you design, good or evil, if it were possible in the Dual Universe?

I suppose you could sell someone some Lua script that you had programmed to be hijackable. There might be potential there! Some issues I see are that most people will probably do their own scripting, and it's not super complicated to read for a person even somewhat familiar with it. So they might be able to identify that their code has a "virus" and alert others, or hunt you down.

Nevertheless, it is entirely possible that you could sell someone bugged Lua script and get away with it. The question is how applicable would this be? Would you be able to have all of their weapons shut down, or would that not be possible? There's not enough information at this point to give a definitive answer. It's a cool prospect though, I like the idea!

I just found this on the KS page under Scriptable Ships & Constructs..."Player built ships or constructs can be customized through LUA scripting. That means that all the elements inside your construct can be orchestrated to react to events and define new behaviors from AI to special piloting capabilities...." If elements can be orchestrated to react to events and define NEW behaviors from AI to special piloting it would be interesting to see if a script can turn your ship into an uncontrollable heap of space junk if you target the creator of that script or, worse...have your buildings collapse if war is declared!