Randomize ore options.

GrayLeader

13 hours ago, le_souriceau said:

Said stuff

Did the wipe fix the wealth gap? Did the wipe fix the stock difference between the haves and have nots?  All the stuff the wipe was suppose to fix, it did not.  It just made us regrind all the early stuff again.  

But again, Random ore value changes are not going to take ore fields from the haves and give it to the have nots. Lets put it this way. It takes 30 people 1 day to scan down a planet.  Meaning it would take 1 person a month to scan down a planet.   Your telling me the have not is going to spend a third of his time scanning own territories?  And thats assuming he played several hours a day. A player could spend his entire game play scanning and never find a tile. 

"1st. this would help the obtaining of ore and pricing as would add more competition in the process.

2nd. ending permanent monopolies in the safe zones.

3rd. Raise player interactions and create new ways to cause economic flow."

1. No it will not. Less ore would be mined out the ground. would also result in instability in prices. 

2. Same guys that found it the first time. found it the second time. and will find it the 3rd/4th/5th.....

3. Have you scanned much? I mean boring af.  Only one thing more boring then scanning and thats mission running. 

There would be allot more casual players hurt in this then hard core gamers. 

But you  want a solution to the obtaining ore for casuals? Well Like I said many many times. More planets. There will be more planets with more ore on tem then players will actually need to mine, or are even capable of mining. 

You want an actual solution.  next planet that comes in should have it ore pool changed to  single / double / triple tiles.  Instead of having 100 flowers of 20 hexes. have .  Have 800 single tiles.  300 double tiles.  and 200 triple tiles with none of the deposits touching.  (or what ever the math suggests the number of ore bearing tiles should be.)

1 hour ago, RugesV said:

You want an actual solution.  next planet that comes in should have it ore pool changed to  single / double / triple tiles.  Instead of having 100 flowers of 20 hexes. have .  Have 800 single tiles.  300 double tiles.  and 200 triple tiles with none of the deposits touching.  (or what ever the math suggests the number of ore bearing tiles should be.)

I think this is a great idea.  I'd be happy to see the ore distribution change on future planets.  There's no reason that it should be the same on every planet.

Another thought i had was that the idea of randomized ore on planets could still be added to the game on top of the current system.

Let's say any unclaimed territory on a planet had a random chance to receive a temporary bonus Ore Pool, separate from the permanent ore pools available on it.   Only unclaimed territories would be eligible, so this would specifically benefit people who are actively looking for ore instead of people who already own territory.

Call it a random asteroid strike or something like that.  If you find one, then you claim the territory and mine it until the bonus runs out.

It would give people a reason to continue scanning on planets that have already been completely scanned.  And make scanning a more profitable activity all the time.

17 hours ago, Atmosph3rik said:

How can you possibly know if something is unsustainable if you aren't even attempting to participate in it at all?

Current model (made by chain of development decisions) is unsustainable in terms of not retaining enough people to make sandbox element strong/juiced enough. Its not about ore that i can or can't mine. 

In short, you enjoy empty Minecraft server (and its ok, all diamonds yours).

I want full one (it seems impossibility).