Dual Universe Discord Server Update (January 2023)

NQ-Nyzaltar

Dear Noveans,

For some time, the Discord Moderation team and the Novaquark Community team have discussed changes internally to make it more community-friendly along with the suggestions made by the community during the open discord suggestions channel over the holidays of 2022. Today, the following changes have been deployed.

"Verified ID" Role implementation

From now on, except for a few channels with no restrictions meant for visitors, most channels on this Discord are in "Read Only" until you get the "Verified ID" role. You just have to link your Discord account to your Dual Universe account to get this role. If you haven't done it already, here is the process to do so:

1- Log on to your Dual Universe account here: https://www.dualuniverse.game/account/profile
2- Go to the "Linked Accounts" tab: https://www.dualuniverse.game/account/linked
3- Click on the "Link my Discord Account" button and follow the process.

Once you have linked your DU account to your Discord account, please wait up to 10-15 minutes in order to receive the "Verified ID" role on Discord.
In thecase you didn't receive the "Verified ID" role past that time, please reach out to a CM on Discord (NQ-Nyota, NQ-Nicodemus or NQ-Nyzaltar) or contact Customer Support here: https://support.dualthegame.com/hc/en-us/requests/new 

"Welcome" Category changes

• [Discord Info] Addition of Localization reaction roles to unlock FR/DE social channels and a new commodities channel for FR and DE. To be able to fully access these channels, Community members will be required to have both reacted to the Localization role and have Verified their Discord via (https://www.dualuniverse.game/account/linked)
  • [Discord Info] Added a Direct link to the Discord Verification website (https://www.dualuniverse.game/account/linked) for the community to unlock the Verified Role inside discord. Once linked this will give you full access to additional channels.
  • [Discord Info] Added Disclaimer involving Verified ID role.

"Official News" Category changes

• Reddit Feeds have been disabled and will no longer be posted on the DU-FEEDS channel.

"Community" Category changes

• The initial duscussion channel has been renamed "Visitors"
  • Lua Channel has been moved to Social Category
  • Duscussion-FR has been moved to Social Category
  • Duscussion-DE has been Moved to Social Category
  • Discord-Suggestions has been archived

New "Social" Category Layout

• New Duscussion channel (Verified ID role will grant access to channel visibility)
  • Duscussion-FR renamed to FR-Duscussion. Only visible with FR role granted in Discord Info. ("Read only" without Verified ID role)
  • Duscussion-DE renamed to DE-Duscussion. Only visible with DE role granted in Discord Info. ("Read only" without Verified ID role)
  • Org Recruitment adverts are now every 24-hour cycle and will be cleared every 48 hours and put back on automatically.
  • LFG Channel ("Read only" without Verified ID role)
  • Events Channel ("Read only" without Verified ID role)

New "Building" Category

• New Building Duscussion Channel  (Verified ID role will grant access to channel visibility)
  • New Voxel Advice Channel  ("Read only" without Verified ID role)
  • Lua Channel renamed to Lua-Advice("Read only" without Verified ID role)
  • Construct Gallery ("Read only" without Verified ID role)

New "Economy" Category Layout

• Commodities have been split into two channels WTB-Commodities and WTS-Commodities for QOL for the community.
  • Commodities Channel has been extended to 6hr cooldown between posts
  • Addition of FR commodities channel (Only visible with FR role granted in Discord Info)
  • Addition of DE Commodities channel (Only visible with DE role granted in Discord Info)
  • Ship Adverts (Read only without Verified ID role)
  • Building Adverts (Read only without Verified ID role)
  • Services Channel (No changes)

"Player Created Media" Category changes

• Streamers corner no longer requires Creator Role (Read only without Verified ID role)
  • Community Creations (Read only without Verified ID role)
  • News Stand (Read only without Verified ID role)

New "PVP" Category

• PVP Rules channel has been added. New terms and conditions visible to all without a Verified ID role.
    This role can only be obtained by community members with a Verified ID role.
    This role will be obtained by using the reaction icon (crossed swords), unlocking the PVP general channel.
  • PVP General Channel has been added. Only visible once the Verified ID role and PVP role have been obtained.
    PVP role given by accepting the terms and conditions in PVP Rules.
  • PVP Advice Channel has been added (Read only without Verified ID role)
  • PVP Gallery Channel has been added  (Read only without Verified ID role)

New "Career" List

We have reduced the current number of careers from 50 to 17.
These Career roles can be added in the offtopic channel using the? Rank Command.

• Architect, Designer, Inventor, Shipwright => Builder
  • Astronomer, Explorers, Scout, Star Mapper => Explorer
  • Bar Pilot, CoPilot, Dockmaster, Harbor Pilot, Pilot, Navigator => Pilot
  • Bounty Hunter, Mercenary => Mercenary
  • Bureaucrat, CEO, Corporate Executive, Emperor, Leader, Teacher => Leader
  • Captain, Commanders, General=> Military Officer
  • Coder, Scripter => Lua Master
  • Diplomat, Lawyer => Diplomat
  • Doctor, Paramedic => Rescuer
  • Economist, Entrepreneur, Insurance Agent, Market Trader => Tycoon
  • Engineer, Manufacturer => Industrialist
  • Gunner, Soldier => Military
  • Historian
  • Hauler, Mission Runner, Smuggler => Hauler
  • Miner, Refiner => Miner
  • Pirate, Scammer, Thief => Pirate
  • Salvager

Other Roles changes

• Trade Role removed
  • Creator Role removed 
  • Discord Moderator (old role removed)
  • The Dragon Moderator role removed
  • DJ role removed
  • Gamescom 2017 removed
  • Gamescom 2018 removed
  • Gamescom 2019 removed
  • The rabbit catcher role removed
  • Agora role removed
  • Recruiter role removed
  • The famous writer role removed (added in-game)
  • Novawrimo winner removed (added in-game)
  • Reddit moderator removed
  • SpaceMom’s timeout corner removed
  • The addition of a new PVP role, Only granted once PVP rules have been accepted by using the reaction role.
  • Added New FR localisation role, Only granted to community members that use the localisation reaction role 
  • Added New DE localisation role, Only granted to community members that use the localisation reaction role 
  • Perm role removed
  • The voice helper role removed
  • The voice newcomer role removed
  • Guest role removed

Best Regards,
The Discord Moderation team & the Novaquark Community team

Thanks everybody for having patience while I pushed for a PVP-related space in discord.

If you wish to have discord-related PVP in the DU server, please follow the rules, it helps you and it helps us mods.

If you wish to have firey discord-related PVP in the DU server, please take it to DMs or another server. Originally we wanted to have somewhat looser rules for the section but I'm not seeing that in the rules channel for the category so we'll have to wait and see. Its a completely new section and rules are still being ironed out as the community adopts it. Rules could change at any time, if they do, we'll let you know.

This is absolutely ridiculous.  It forces my name on the discord to be my in-game name, which is different than the name I use for my social media and content creation on Twitch and YouTube and this cannot be changed.  It completely screws up my branding and name recognition.  What if I don't want to be known on the Discord as my in game name?  My in game name differs from my name used elsewhere.  This is extremely limiting and something needs to change about this.

7 minutes ago, fridayxwitch said:

This is absolutely ridiculous.  It forces my name on the discord to be my in-game name, which is different than the name I use for my social media and content creation on Twitch and YouTube and this cannot be changed.  It completely screws up my branding and name recognition.  What if I don't want to be known on the Discord as my in game name?  My in game name differs from my name used elsewhere.  This is extremely limiting and something needs to change about this.

lol

This literally says "screw you" to any content creator whose online persona name was already used in DU before their main account was made.

Oh, you're a popular youtuber named Tom Scott and someone made Tom Scott in DU before you made your account?  Guess you can't be Tom Scott in the Discord.