Power Idea

Endstar

After seeing and hearing the feedback about the recent changes I wanted to drop a note about an idea to help. 

1st: This is game, we play for fun. There is nothing fun about taxes. This is a marketing problem. The idea and relation to tax makes it feel more burdensome than needed. How you name things matters. 

2nd: While taxes stink there needs to be two functional aspects in the game around such; one to ensure there is not a forever AFK ore extraction capability and two to provide a means to allow inactive player creations to become claimable by active players.  

Considering these two items seems like power could help solve both pretty easily. How? Add power and make all core units require a power resource material. Think core fuel that is required. You put the fuel in you get X weeks/days of power. You leave a construct without power for X time it eventually becomes abandon and able to be found and claimed by other players.  

What conditions are attached to the energy system in their mind? 
In general, these energy rules should apply to all cores, i.e. static-dynamic-space?
Should an amount of energy be needed as soon as industry is running there or already as soon as the core is set?
What happens with mega constructions which hundreds of cores as e.g. whole city or space station was built up. Because of the number of cores it will certainly not be possible to supply these buildings permanently with energy.

The point is that power/energy management is a tool in a gameplay scenario that can take care of a lot of problems you run into. For NQ howver, the issue is that for that to work, it really needs to be a core function and embeded in _everything_. As it stands it seems NQ does not really have the ability nor the resources or means to make such sweeping changes unless maybe when they find a massive pot of money somewhere.

A massive problem for them is that these core features may at several stages need a wipe to get fleshed out and they can really only afford to do one and I expect they have no time anymore to really go back and dig in as they have set their internal planning for the release date agreed on.. Everything they are doing tells me that his date has been set and al they are doing is rushing in as much "features" before that date comes around. NQ do not plan to release when ready, they will release whatever is ready at date X and hope that all the boxes are ticked by then.