Offline Lua emulator

Verliezer

I was wondering if there is a kind off LUA emulator which can be used outside the game. I don't have always my game available and are not logged in at all places. I like to script a bit (learning ...) and it would be nice if I have more opportunities to learn and create DU Lua when I am behind my laptop.

There are lots of online tutorials for LUA, but DU uses mostly homegrown function calls (slot system) that are not available outside the game.

So you can learn normal LUA no problem and that will be helpful, but large parts of DU LUA scripting will only work inside the game.

Lua is a scripting language with a standalone runtime which you can just download and use to run lua scripts on your local machine.  Poke about on www.lua.org to find the appropriate download.

You won't get the DU API calls, etc with this, but you will be able to write generic lua.  There is a project which has a bunch of mock lua objects to address this (https://github.com/1337joe/du-mocks) although I haven't used it myself and have no idea how complete/up to date it is.  But it would allow you to write code which manipulates some DU specific things and test it stand alone.

• 4 weeks later...

use google translate to read the website.  This is an old version, but it work well (use any editor and type F5 to run).

Folks dont like this version much.   it was intended to be used as an lua interpreter in eclipse LTD.

The website will be redone soon (in english this time).   

The new version is actually in dev..  its a matter of months. New version is based on the old one but was rewritten to 70%.  There more then 1500 hours of work

in the whole project in total.

unknown.png

unknown.pngunknown.png

unknown.png

• 1 year later...