'Fetch Ship' feature completely useless when ship is stuck in air above 4km !

5 hours ago, admsve said:

Because people who think like him don't come to this forum. It's worse here than in Mordor. You only come in here if you are desperate.

Cool story, bro ? but not quite correct.

Despairing, maybe, but desperate? Not really. 

It isn't just about this being a bug to be solved, it's about making the right dev choice from the player's perspective.

"Minor exploit" vs "getting stuck to the point they need GM help" should be an easy decision.

NQ has this weird obsession with exploits/balance (in an alpha product that's not even close to feature-complete). 

"Oh you're stuck and can no longer play the game? Well, we don't want to risk some players doing an exploit that will save them a few minutes of travel every few hours, so we're going to have to ask you to file a ticket and wait for help. And since we're NQ, we won't do periodic small bug patches so it'll be months until we fix this if we ever do."

If this was a mature MMO at-scale in production, this might be a different story...but we're talking about a paid beta with a population that has shrunk down to around closed beta levels.

Exploits are not nearly as important as making sure people can keep playing the game without GM intervention, especially when the exploit is not that meaningful.

It isn't just about the bug itself, it's about deciding that exploits are bad, period, and therefore you need a GM to help you...not the right choice at this stage of the game and not the right choice with their pace of bug fixes. 

In  my view, fetch command is little more than cripple's walking cane to some of the more annoying issues DU has had for while.  Its use should really be only to help  get unstuck. Even at the range it works right now, it's quite exploity.   I've known quite a few people who reagularly had used it to land their overloaded ship, instead of  smashing to pieces like a good spacebug pilot should have. 

If someone is stuck 4km up, after a client crash, there are other ways get it resolved.  I've personally ferried a few people for the "superman"  ship to ship transfer :). I'm pretty sure asking in help channel would yeld a willing and reasonably bored taxi driver at most hours of the day ;)