Jump to content

What are the new features introduced in the new beta?


Recommended Posts

There is something I'm missing. From what I read, the new 0.23 beta introduced an unexpected change to the industry (that seems to make it harder) and some other things that no one cares about like the maneuver tool adjustments.

 

However, regarding the feature list displayed when launching the game... which of them will be introduced? Because it is 3-month of development since the release of the first beta, it is not possible that the only thing was release was a modification to the industry mechanism that no one wants.

 

I have the impression that instead to add things to do, the dev staff is removing things to do forcing players to mine and nothing else. This also make me wonder why I should renew my subscription if no gamplays are added...

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Vanquish383 said:

 

 

However, regarding the feature list displayed when launching the game... which of them will be introduced? Because it is 3-month of development since the release of the first beta, it is not possible that the only thing was release was a modification to the industry mechanism that no one wants.

 

I have the impression that instead to add things to do, the dev staff is removing things to do forcing players to mine and nothing else. This also make me wonder why I should renew my subscription if no gamplays are added...

 

 

 

I am very much looking forward to the industry changes, even with my small factory setup. I do believe it is the right direction to go, for the long-term. The others in my org have told me they feel the same way about it as I do. I am even creating, right now as I type this, starter factories for people who join my org after the patch, to give them a leg up. Other orgs already have this, for people not even in their org.

 

Did you watch the stream?

 

Lots of stuff upcoming, some, including some very nice QoL changes, with 0.23.

 

It is a paid beta, or a paid early release if you will, so resub or not, these changes are happening, regardless of the moaning and numbers of Chicken Littles scampering about Discord and the forums.

 

New stuff, especially with pvp is on the horizon. We are closer to it now than before, which is a far sight better than being further away from it, after this time.

 

It's not the end of the world. These changes do need to happen. Sure, things may well be tweaked a bit, but being a solo-I can do it all, does not add to the longevity of this game, being said from a player who is nearly always playing solo.  I and my friends in the org are discussing where we intend to focus our industrial efforts, and will need to continue that conversation going forward. This is not a bad thing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Penwith said:

I am very much looking forward to the industry changes, even with my small factory setup. I do believe it is the right direction to go, for the long-term. The others in my org have told me they feel the same way about it as I do. I am even creating, right now as I type this, starter factories for people who join my org after the patch, to give them a leg up. Other orgs already have this, for people not even in their org.

 

Did you watch the stream?

 

Lots of stuff upcoming, some, including some very nice QoL changes, with 0.23.

 

It is a paid beta, or a paid early release if you will, so resub or not, these changes are happening, regardless of the moaning and numbers of Chicken Littles scampering about Discord and the forums.

 

New stuff, especially with pvp is on the horizon. We are closer to it now than before, which is a far sight better than being further away from it, after this time.

 

It's not the end of the world. These changes do need to happen. Sure, things may well be tweaked a bit, but being a solo-I can do it all, does not add to the longevity of this game, being said from a player who is nearly always playing solo.  I and my friends in the org are discussing where we intend to focus our industrial efforts, and will need to continue that conversation going forward. This is not a bad thing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm sorry, so what will be the new mechanics that will be introduced from the feature list? 

 

I understand long term goals and so on... but if I pay a subscription I would have also some activities (possibly funny) to perform now, not pay for waiting for something that does not know when it will be released.

 

Is there any news about that? Is there any changelog? Can I build some vehicles to improve mining process at least?

 

Mining seems to be a core acrtivity in this game, I still do not undestand why we cannot built anything to make it more creative and/or funny. How is it possible that they have not designed nothing about that since the Alpha?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Penwith said:

There's a YT video of the stream. Watch it.

Done, but it doesn't say anything about what I asked. Only a list of good intentions for the future. Remarkable and I really appreciate the efforts the devs are put to improve the game to improve the player cooperation.

 

But what I would like to know... are actually new things introduced in the new 0.23 beside what I reported in the first post? Are there any new mechanic?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vanquish383 said:

There is something I'm missing. From what I read, the new 0.23 beta introduced an unexpected change to the industry (that seems to make it harder) and some other things that no one cares about like the maneuver tool adjustments.

 

However, regarding the feature list displayed when launching the game... which of them will be introduced? Because it is 3-month of development since the release of the first beta, it is not possible that the only thing was release was a modification to the industry mechanism that no one wants.

 

I have the impression that instead to add things to do, the dev staff is removing things to do forcing players to mine and nothing else. This also make me wonder why I should renew my subscription if no gamplays are added...

 

 

 

They will probably make another ad about "come to the best space PVP game" and make "V" on the login screen about it.

 

PVP? Not this patch, not next patch, the one after it... That's about what, 9 months? 6.99$/month that's 63$ to have faith.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, XKentX said:

They will probably make another ad about "come to the best space PVP game" and make "V" on the login screen about it.

 

PVP? Not this patch, not next patch, the one after it... That's about what, 9 months? 6.99$/month that's 63$ to have faith.

 

 

Lol. For me they can take all the time they need.  For me would be ok to pay "faith" all this months and have only mining as activity... but it must be the most fun and addictive play loop in the world.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Vanquish383

There's 4 devblogs you will have received an email about regarding the major changes for the new patch. They were also announced here and arebeing discussed in their respective threads.

 

The login page on the client I'd say is window dressing at best.

 

Devblog 1

Devblog 2

Devblog 3

Devblog 4

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

@Vanquish383

There's 4 devblogs you will have received an email about regarding the major changes for the new patch. They were also announced here and arebeing discussed in their respective threads.

 

The login page on the client I'd say is window dressing at best.

 

Devblog 1

Devblog 2

Devblog 3

Devblog 4

 

 

 

Good... I'm really sorry to say, but to my eyes, they are just a bunch of things that no one cares about. There is nothing from the promised feature list, the introduction of new game loops, or quality of life improvement of core activities (like mining). 


From my point of view (and I'm quite sure that it is shared by many), this doesn't incentivize people to continue paying for a subscription. 


If any of the staff is reading this, my feedback from the experience I got playing the game is: "this game has some potential, but it has nothing that keeps me playing it. I bought a space building game, but  instead I got a mining game. Mining that is neither funny nor addictive".

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...