Back shadow for text

CoyoteNZ

A lot of the time I can't read the text when i am in my factory and place mouse over an container, machine etc.

If there is a bright background colour, bright daylight or artificial light etc, the white text is unreadable.

is there a way to give the text a dark shadow around it so it is readable? If not would this be a good idea to add to the feature vote?

I agree with this +1

I have an eye disorder (RP) that is making me go blind. I still manage to play most MMOs just fine, but in DU its like its either pitch black or its insanely bright in terms of the textures and the mass abundance of snow everywhere, ice underground, etc but also just adding lumi glass or some actual lights into an area have a super fine line between being pitch black, just right, or eye bleedingly bright in most circumstances. Or even more with the flashlight.

There are many things that need an opacity slider option in conjunction with the black card or shadow to read text.

It would be nice if like the hint box just off the right of top center of the screen was the same as the options right next to that that tell depth, speed, etc. When everything is like blindingly bright in snow or luminence its also a lot of times impossible to read and should be made to look like the other info window.

Just as the mini map should be given an opacity option. I dont know how many times I would be flying back during high noon and not be able to see the mini map waypoint or the actual ground waypoint. If hover text is on the table things like the mini map or the way point should also get a black border to make them better seen.

And unless im mining in dark soil I can never use the flashlight underground and in fact most times I have to turn down the brightness just to see the outlines of the ore since for whatever reason digging underground is like digging on the sun with blindingly bright texture choices when the flash light is on. So the actual angle guage that pops up when you hit "L" needs to have this black border as well. Not to mention either being always on or added to some part of the hud that does not require the use of the flashlight whatsoever.

There is other things I could bring up but that is my main gripe with 90% of this game.

It would be nice if there was like a dimmer switch you could link up different lights within a core which allows a player to fine tune the light intensity or also have a couple check boxes to turn on/off at day/night cycle toggle or any other functions it might need. That would give players a little more control of being able to see a bit better like the OP when working in their industry.