Login "remember me" not working for me...

VerZalj

Login Credentials are currently stored in the main client settings file (don't worry the password is hashed):

%localAppData%\Local\NQ\DualUniverse\settings.yaml

If your dual universe installation is not correctly retrieving this information then that is likely because the DU client is lacking privileges to access this windows directory. The typical fix for this is to right click and run your dual-launcher.exe as an administrator so it can self-restore any missing access rights. For the cases where this still fails to fix the problem you have either a corrupted windows account, (make another windows user account and try again) or a corrupted dual universe installation (reinstall after running the dedicated DU uninstaller and then deleting C:\ProgramData\Dual Universe as a precaution).

Contact me in the official DU discord if none of the above solutions works for you and I can take a closer look at your logfiles to see what is going on.

3 hours ago, Msoul said:

Login Credentials are currently stored in the main client settings file (don't worry the password is hashed):

If your dual universe installation is not correctly retrieving this information then that is likely because the DU client is lacking privileges to access this windows directory. The typical fix for this is to right click and run your dual-launcher.exe as an administrator so it can self-restore any missing access rights. For the cases where this still fails to fix the problem you have either a corrupted windows account, (make another windows user account and try again) or a corrupted dual universe installation (reinstall after running the dedicated DU uninstaller and then deleting C:\ProgramData\Dual Universe as a precaution).

Contact me in the official DU discord if none of the above solutions works for you and I can take a closer look at your logfiles to see what is going on.

There is an actual issue with that? ? So far I have only seen people not realising that the grey text says "saved name" and "saved password" and that they can just click the login button.

23 hours ago, Msoul said:

Sorry for wasting your time. Thank you for looking into this and replying with the detailed write-up.

Seems that I misunderstood that the greyed out text was already saying to using the last saved email/password.  

I guess I thought the field looked blank. 

I just click "play beta", and it starts to load game. 

19 hours ago, Heidenherz said:

There is an actual issue with that? ? So far I have only seen people not realising that the grey text says "saved name" and "saved password" and that they can just click the login button.

Der... I just clicked to login to game.  I guess my subconscious was telling me the name and password fields were blank. 

Thanks for the reply. 

now qol+1

20 hours ago, Heidenherz said:

was going to type this, very common question from my new players lol

I paid for 3 months time and downloaded game. After downloading and having registered my account It is saying my login credentials are wrong. I request to change password and it sends me the create account information, I fill it out and it says account already active and doesnt tell me anything else. How do I get into this damn game?