What's up with the Novark MK1 Spaceship?

sHuRuLuNi

Just bought one an hour or so ago. And crashed 3 times now. I cannot leave the atmosphere - the atmo engines are working fine up until 2000m or so, then they throttle down almost completely and I keep falling like a rock. Also the giant vertical booster doesn't seem to help, as it says there to hold Alt+Space to use it - which does nothing (doesn't work).
I mean this is the Spaceship from Novaquark, so I thought it should be perfectly made etc.
BTW I had no cargo whatsoever on me or containers. Just bought the ship,. deployed it, started flying up and then back to earth in thousand pieces ...
Those were 4+ million wasted it would seem ...

Vertical boosters are basically hybrid hovers (work in and out of atmosphere) so they will not get you into space. Also, are you trying to go straight up and what are you carrying with/on you?

Space engines kick in at around 3500 around Alioth and you would normally get up there with a 10-20 or so upward angle at most.

Remember that once you stall, gravity will start pulling hard and engines will need to counter that before they can bring you back up and 2000m is not very much of a distance to do that.

By now ships in the "Ship Shop" are mostly overpriced with parts being available for less on the markets.

6 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

Vertical boosters are basically hybrid hovers (work in and out of atmosphere) so they will not get you into space. Also, are you trying to go straight up and what are you carrying with/on you?

Space engines kick in at around 3500 around Alioth and you would normally get up there with a 10-20 or so upward angle at most.

Remember that once you stall, gravity will start pulling hard and engines will need to counter that before they can bring you back up and 2000m is not very much of a distance to do that.

By now ships in the "Ship Shop" are mostly overpriced with parts being available for less on the markets.

I was going up at an angle of max 20 degrees, and carrying nothing. I also noticed when starting that the vertical booster would randomly fire to the right side (straight through voxels) instead of downwards. 

If this doesn't work I think I will have to take completely apart and build anew. 

Just now, sHuRuLuNi said:

I don't know anyone. 

Umm, "easy" way in is to apply to one of big corporations? Usually those corps (at least 50+ members) are not allowing scammers inside. But yeah, I understand the problem. 

As others have mentioned Verticle boosters only work close to the ground like hover engines.

With no cargo a decent ship should be able to go pretty much straight up and out.

2 things

1)  pilot skills (talents) can make a lot of difference.  So, its possible the ship was made by somebody with max skills but it does not pass the mustard for a noob.

2) It might have something wrong with it.  Like and engine might not be connected to a fuel tank or something.

I would suggest you get on the support chat in game.  People are often very helpful and you might find somebody will meet up with you and take a look at you ship and probably fix it up for you.

10 hours ago, Underhook said:

As others have mentioned Verticle boosters only work close to the ground like hover engines.

With no cargo a decent ship should be able to go pretty much straight up and out.

2 things

1)  pilot skills (talents) can make a lot of difference.  So, its possible the ship was made by somebody with max skills but it does not pass the mustard for a noob.

2) It might have something wrong with it.  Like and engine might not be connected to a fuel tank or something.

I would suggest you get on the support chat in game.  People are often very helpful and you might find somebody will meet up with you and take a look at you ship and probably fix it up for you.

I "fixed" it, in that there was nothing wrong, the ships engines are simply underpowered for that mass.

The ship had 1 L atmo and 2 Ms, but it has many heavy elements, like 10 containers, 2 massive Space L engines, 6 tanks, etc. 

Whoever designed this at NQ simply sucks at ship designing. 

I switched the 2 smaller atmo engines with 2 Ls, and now the ship flies straight to space in a matter of seconds. 

The vertical booster is also underpowered for a ship with rating capacity of 150 tons. I now bought a second L booster and going to install that. 

I also changed the design of the ship and polished it to be a high end space limousine with a touch of the 50s cars flair.  Will attach screens later, coz I am on the road now. 

7 hours ago, sHuRuLuNi said:

I also changed the design of the ship and polished it to be a high end space limousine with a touch of the 50s cars flair.  Will attach screens later, coz I am on the road now. 

Desktop Screenshot 2020.10.10 - 23.09.28.91.png