"PvPer" is a misnomer in the context of DU

lucagrabacr

3 minutes ago, JohnnyTazer said:

The issue we are having is you arent consistent in your arguments and contradicting yourself.

No I'm not.

I'm saying Griefing is allowed. But I also said is against my moral values.

The lobbying I'm referring to making Safe zones smaller so griefing can happen much closer to the spawn. Also, the one that wants to enable other forms of PVP like mechanisms steal sanctuary territory. This would make griefing deeper. But allowed.

I will continue to suggest new rules and boundaries to NQ to restrict griefing.

4 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

No I'm not.

I'm saying Griefing is allowed. But I also said is against my moral values.

The lobbying I'm referring to making Safe zones smaller so griefing can happen much closer to the spawn. Also, the one that wants to enable other forms of PVP like mechanisms steal sanctuary territory. This would make griefing deeper. But allowed.

I will continue to suggest new rules and boundaries to NQ to restrict griefing.

Inside the safe zone we agree. So we dont need to bring that up. Griefing can happen there. I would argue if griefing is allowed, then shrinking the safe zone isnt bad, as NQ originally alluded to only sanc moon being pvp free. But also you said pirates are actually griefers.  Can they be both? Can someone pirate 90% of the time and grief 10%, or are you saying all pirates are griefers?

Also you have the ability to band together with people and kill the griefers, so that should be a good thing for you right?

Here is what it boils down to. Even If we both agree about your definition of griefing in DU pvp zone, my argument would be I think it's a good thing not bad. Here is why.

1. It's easy to counter after the first kill. If you die your ship lost, dont go back unless you expect a fight 

2. You can counter it again by taking cheap ships to get killed, and know an enemies fleet size. Then bring a bigger fleet to fight.

3. It provided content, and choices and freedom, even if sometimes it's not the funnest being on the losing end. that is life.

4. I'm also in favor of giving haulers good mechanics to avoid pirates. Nothing 100% but they should have options.

So that is why griefing is good. And good for the game. And bad to expand safe zones. As we are meant to play,build, fight, interact, and conquer, and to do that we need the biggest play area we can within reason. 

4 hours ago, joaocordeiro said:

"or otherwise performing actions in a game to prevent the player from enjoying the game"

That is quite vague and in my experience leads to a slippery slope. Just look at what happened to Elite Dangerous where seemingly everything is "griefing" because one party claims to not like what the other did. Then they introduced instance-blocking (which has been abused to death) as a response..... but I digress.

4 hours ago, JohnnyTazer said:

I do. It doesn't apply to open world pvp. I can link the most common definition here. The whole point of the open world pvp is so I can kill you, for gain, over and over if I want. That's the point.  Griefing is disrupting gameplay, and that's what you do in a FFA zone. As long as you arent using exploits. The zone is enter at risk, and by entering you are acknowledging that. Griefing would be me parking my speeder to block the entrance of your base. Even if that's only a mild form, I'm disrupting what is the desired gameplay for that zone. Which in the sanz moon is for you to have a free safe space. Hopefully you have learned something today. 

I totally agree with this. If you enter the PvP zone, you are consenting to the possibility of PvP happening to you. But that same logic is used in the Elite Dangerous forums with regard to Open and see how that ended up. I sincerely hope DU is different in this regard.

What part of freedom to choose how to act are people not understanding?

I've had this argument with space truckers on ED many times.   It's like choosing to play chess and then complaining that the other player is ruining your game by insisting on taking your pieces when you just want to enjoy playing with the nice horsey...