GeForce Now?

Torven

Howdy all! First post here. I'm Tor and uh, I will be getting a pet cat next week.

Anyway...

So my computer sucks and won't be able to run DU. Is Novaquarck thinking of having DU on Geforce Now? If not I might have to save the pennies for a new rig. Thanks in advance!

That will not happen I'm sure. An option would be to consider Shadow which runs DU just fine and would allow yo to play it pretty much on anything with a somewhat decent internet connection.. Phones, tablets, basic laptops..

Is not that it won't* happen, It's more probable that perhaps NQ doesn't have any plans to release to GeForce Now as of now... But nobody really knows that, these guys have no special insight into that, so it just pure speculation from them, like my next one.

If I'm correct GeForce only plugs in into existing game stores... Which devs have to individually publish to in the first place ... Steam, Uplay, Origin etc...

Shadow is just a cloud based PC (a glorified but powerful VB that you pay for on top of your internet connection to which you can install to whatever you want and one which you can access anywhere...)

See the difference?

Wait, so how does Shadow know your install of the game you want to play is legit? Surely they have the same issue as GFN? In that, Shadow needs to rely on some way of verifying your licence, be it Steam, Origin, etc. Right? Or am I missing something obvious?

2 hours ago, Torven said:

Wait, so how does Shadow know your install of the game you want to play is legit? Surely they have the same issue as GFN? In that, Shadow needs to rely on some way of verifying your licence, be it Steam, Origin, etc. Right? Or am I missing something obvious?

In the case of DU it's easy being an online-only game, you have to log in with your Dual Universe account. I assume you can do the same with Steam or whatever.

The guys at shadow can't and don't know if you own the license to the software you install. It's a fully fledged VPS. Beyond being able to set bios settings you have full control over the system.

I haven't had a single game not work on Shadow including ones that use battle-eye anticheat, there was an issue a year or so ago but they talked to the BE guys and fixed it.