Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Myriad is a social hub and marketplace for Dual Universe Players. At Myriad you can select quests, trade, and form new alliances before exploring the universe. 

We encourage our members to also join other organisations. Our focus is on creating an economic capital and this means that our owned territory will initially be limited to a single Marketplace/Social Hub Building. This Marketplace Hub will form the epicentre of a collaborative effort by many different organisations to create a hotspot of economic activity revolving around a single marketplace, Ours.

When applying please include what you think you can bring to the organisation or why you want to join.

 

Based on free market principles and Austrian economics, Myriad will function via decentralised command with members having extremely high autonomy and will seek to collaborate alongside each other for economic interests. We will not have a military presence, our strength comes from economic inclusion, if you break the non-aggression principle you may be subject to high trading fees or economic isolation.

 

Member Benefits

  • Zero Marketplace fees.
  • Seamless access to marketplace; simply dock your ship, sell your goods, refuel, and leave in a matter of minutes.

 

Non-Member Penalties

  • None Members will be subject to a 10% Trading fee.

 

 

Phase I - Our initial goal is to create a Home Base for Players, this will be a single Tower Structure forming the foundation of a city. This will be a great place for players to start their adventures in Dual Universe, having everything they need in close proximity. We envision a great tower structure with a Plaza, Ship Hanger, Marketplace, Quest Board, Courier Centre, and more. All completely player driven of course.

 

Phase II - Start expanding outwards from our marketplace eventually creating a city. We will invite other organisations to create their own districts surrounding our marketplace which will be under the complete control of said organisations.

 

Phase III - Franchisee Outposts on other worlds & Trading routes.

 

Phase IV - CLASSIFIED.

 

 

QUESTS

Players will find missions via a Quest Boards and missions may include:

  • Bounty Hunting
  • Cargo Transportation
  • Crafting
  • Any other needs the market generates

 

The users who generate and post missions may be concerned with who will carry out their missions. This is where our ranking system comes in. We will give an example based on cargo transportation missions below.

 

Tier 1 - Player has not completed any cargo haul missions

Tier 2 - Player has completed 3 successfully

Tier 3 - Player has completed 10 successfully

Tier 4 - and so on…

 

If the cargo is particularly valuable the mission creator will have the option to require a pledge which will act as collateral  to cover theft or space piracy. Pledge will be released on completion of the task.

 

Each user will have their stats tracked eg. ( 94% mission completion rate, 94 successes, 6 failure to succeed.)

 

 

Untitled-2.png

Edited by Belispeak
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to The DUniverse,

I like your interesting concept!!!! I will surely visit you soon to have the grand tour, If you are willing to give it :)

 

Greetz Aaron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most important part of any successful market is high liquidity. And this can be done by market makers (buying and selling same product with a spread). Without market makers, traded items' bid and ask prices would be very wide which means low activity on a market. So, it is great to have free market with Austrian economics as a background, as long as high liquidity ensured. I'll support this market as long as decentralized approach intact. Regulation and security would be another issues once the liquidity problem solved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, rothbardian said:

Most important part of any successful market is high liquidity. And this can be done by market makers (buying and selling same product with a spread). Without market makers, traded items' bid and ask prices would be very wide which means low activity on a market. So, it is great to have free market with Austrian economics as a background, as long as high liquidity ensured. I'll support this market as long as decentralized approach intact. Regulation and security would be another issues once the liquidity problem solved.

You seem very knowledgable in such things, would you be interested in helping out with this vision?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Aaron Cain said:

Welcome to The DUniverse,

I like your interesting concept!!!! I will surely visit you soon to have the grand tour, If you are willing to give it :)

 

Greetz Aaron

It you like the tour you can stay a while!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

English (deepl used)

Hello Belispeak,

does your Barter function already work? I couldn't initialize it.

 

Quote

 

German (original)

Hallo Belispeak.

funktioniert euere Barter-Funktion schon? Ich konnte sie nicht initialisieren.

 

 

Die Waldfee

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, huschhusch said:

English (deepl used)

Hello Belispeak,

does your Barter function already work? I couldn't initialize it.

 

 

Die Waldfee

 

Everything is purely theoretical at the moment, we have no in game presence as of yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Belispeak said:

You seem very knowledgable in such things, would you be interested in helping out with this vision?

Yes I will, could you message me city coordinates?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rothbardian said:

Yes I will, could you message me city coordinates?

City currently exists only in my mind. I have just started playing yesterday and am still trying to achieve spaceflight. I plan to start the city in the furthest sancuary zone from starting planet once pvp is enabled

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rothbardian said:

There is no need sanctuary zone, private security firms can protect the city and citizens. 

I think it would be a good way to start out though just in case. When you calculate in the cost of private security it would be very costly and risky (only for first settlement, from second settlement onwards). You can take risks in non protected zones while having a protected trade hub to fall back on should things turn sour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frankly, sanctuary zones (safe-zones) mostly less valuable places and it is designed for mostly beginners. I don't know what will be the path of DU about it, I'm just speculating it with an experience gained by other MMO's. And in real life experiences also tought us when there is no risk, there will be less profit. Risks and especially calculated risks can be managed by good plan and design. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bellspeak, I am excited for your project. I think I can help by sourcing materials for my org's projects through your marketplace whenever possible, and I may just want to build one of our Stoas inside your city to increase foot traffic if that would be alright with you.

 

Let's talk in discord and in game soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Zephos said:

Bellspeak, I am excited for your project. I think I can help by sourcing materials for my org's projects through your marketplace whenever possible, and I may just want to build one of our Stoas inside your city to increase foot traffic if that would be alright with you.

 

Let's talk in discord and in game soon!

The discord is https://discordapp.com/channels/584431482651541518/585506494171316225 if you want to join, we are slowly gaining members

To be clear, not our city, we are simply a marketplace, the city will grow organically around us, so joining early you will get a spot close to the centre :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thoughts on Myriad Free Market and Its Security (Part I): 

 

One of the most common ethical charges leveled at the free market is that it fails to provide “security.” It is said that the blessings of freedom must be weighed against the competing blessings of security — to be provided, of course, by the State. That's not correct. On the free market, defense against violence would be a service like any other, obtainable from freely competitive private organizations.

 

In the wide sense, defense service consists of guards or police who use force in defending person and property against attack, and judges or courts whose role is to use socially accepted procedures to determine who the criminals or tortfeasors are, as well as to enforce judicial awards, such as damages or the keeping of contracts. On the free market, many scenarios are possible on the relationship between the private courts and the police; they may be “vertically integrated,” for example, or their services may be supplied by separate firms. Furthermore, it seems likely that police service will be supplied by insurance companies who will provide crime insurance to their clients. In that case, insurance companies will pay off the victims of crime or the breaking of contracts or arbitration awards, and then pursue the aggressors in court to recoup their losses. There is a natural market connection between insurance companies and defense service, since they need pay out less benefits in proportion as they are able to keep down the rate of crime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Zephos said:

Bellspeak, I am excited for your project. I think I can help by sourcing materials for my org's projects through your marketplace whenever possible, and I may just want to build one of our Stoas inside your city to increase foot traffic if that would be alright with you.

 

Let's talk in discord and in game soon!

Good to see you here on Mryiad. Shall you build Aristotle temple?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2019 at 5:11 AM, rothbardian said:

Good to see you here on Mryiad. Shall you build Aristotle temple?

Haha we might build a Stoa, but they aren't temples. More like a grand hall or something like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2019 at 6:48 PM, rothbardian said:

Frankly, sanctuary zones (safe-zones) mostly less valuable places and it is designed for mostly beginners. I don't know what will be the path of DU about it, I'm just speculating it with an experience gained by other MMO's. And in real life experiences also tought us when there is no risk, there will be less profit. Risks and especially calculated risks can be managed by good plan and design. 

You are right. A good plan is needed to survive in PVP zones (which we don't have at the moment), and we can pull this off with enough thought. As a new MMO player the thought is daunting. But of course it is a Risk/Reward game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thoughts on Myriad Free Market and Its Security (Part II):

 

Three pillars of free market are high liquidity (high volume), security (provided by insurance companies and private security enterprises) and taxfree. Frankly, Dual Universe metaverse will be totally chaotic environment where courts or law has no meaning at all. Anarchy rules. Period.

 

Don't get me wrong and please don't confuse the word of chaos with anarchy. There is no accepted meaning to the word “anarchism” itself. The average person may think he knows what it means, especially that it is bad, but actually he does not. One very popular charge against anarchism is that it “means chaos.” anarchists have always believed that the establishment of their system would eliminate the chaotic elements now troubling the world. The root of the word comes from the term anarchos, meaning opposition to authority or commands.

 

If every Myriad citizen has the absolute right to his justly-held property it then follows that he has the right to keep that property — to defend it by violence against violent invasion. Furthermore, if every citizen has the right to defend his person and property against attack, then he must also have the right to hire or accept the aid of other people to do such defending: he may employ or accept defenders just as he may employ or accept the volunteer services of gardeners on his lawn.

 

(Note: Absolute pacifists who also assert their belief in property rights are caught in an inescapable inner contradiction: for if a man owns property and yet is denied the right to defend it against attack, then it is clear that a very important aspect of that ownership is being denied to him. To say that someone has the absolute right to a certain property but lacks the right to defend it against attack or invasion is also to say that he does not have total right to that property.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are correct, all pillars should be provided to be able to reach these goals. For any city or Free market it will be the same, lack any of those pillars or add any restriction, even small ones, will lead you from the path.

But it might be easier then most people think, although visions of golden mountains on some organization owners already make sure they are out of the competition.

 

breaking it down to the pillars:

 

High volume: Most organizations i see start by opening a market for their stuff and mostly their stuff, they mine, craft design or build. With this its a single market with only a few commodities that are very dependent on that organization. this is more a trade contract than a market. in the end this will probably be less vital and it would be best for these organizations to make indeed trade treaties or use a market from someone else.

 

Security: in general it looks like everyone wants to do their own security, fragmenting players and getting a lot of small security forces. This will probably work only for a limited time, and probably in one timezone. There are a lot of organizations, mercenaries or others with well organized military ranks and that are for hire as security force. As these organizations pay well for these services to their members it is to be assumed that in the end all players who want to do security will flock there to follow a good organized chain of command with a well payed job. this would mean for any player that wants to do security tasks it is best to look for those organizations, and if an organization wants to do it itself and gives more tasks to the players beside security it will be ineffective and open for non-security

 

Tax: This is the most easy pillar, add taxes and people will look elsewhere, add more taxes and more people will go else where. Now, how to profit then? Well for starters, are you a free market or not? What does free mean in this case, free of tax, free of fees, free to do business? all three? Well if you have all three your out of business soon as you have no income. You cannot have a free market with no income. Unless, you have a free market to be able to add your own high volume of materials or crafts or other stuff. Or you have dealings with other high players who Do have these high volumes and like to pay you something to use our market. What is wrong with a fee? Nothing as long as you offer something in return for it, like security or contacts to potential buyers.

 

So indeed free markets are fun but you need to well organize them in order to be fruitful. And from what i have seen only some are actually doing this, @Belispeak Myriad does have the potential to indeed be able to get this working, the contacts i know you already made and the security you are working on will make this a possibility.

 

And we are very willing to help you get further in this!!!! When Tranquility pledges to help, and we do that more often then most people know, we do keep our word on it, not only in alpha or alpha 2 when needed but when it counts, at release. When things get real!

 

greetz Aaron

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Aaron Cain said:

You are correct, all pillars should be provided to be able to reach these goals. For any city or Free market it will be the same, lack any of those pillars or add any restriction, even small ones, will lead you from the path.

But it might be easier then most people think, although visions of golden mountains on some organization owners already make sure they are out of the competition.

 

breaking it down to the pillars:

 

High volume: Most organizations i see start by opening a market for their stuff and mostly their stuff, they mine, craft design or build. With this its a single market with only a few commodities that are very dependent on that organization. this is more a trade contract than a market. in the end this will probably be less vital and it would be best for these organizations to make indeed trade treaties or use a market from someone else.

 

Security: in general it looks like everyone wants to do their own security, fragmenting players and getting a lot of small security forces. This will probably work only for a limited time, and probably in one timezone. There are a lot of organizations, mercenaries or others with well organized military ranks and that are for hire as security force. As these organizations pay well for these services to their members it is to be assumed that in the end all players who want to do security will flock there to follow a good organized chain of command with a well payed job. this would mean for any player that wants to do security tasks it is best to look for those organizations, and if an organization wants to do it itself and gives more tasks to the players beside security it will be ineffective and open for non-security

 

Tax: This is the most easy pillar, add taxes and people will look elsewhere, add more taxes and more people will go else where. Now, how to profit then? Well for starters, are you a free market or not? What does free mean in this case, free of tax, free of fees, free to do business? all three? Well if you have all three your out of business soon as you have no income. You cannot have a free market with no income. Unless, you have a free market to be able to add your own high volume of materials or crafts or other stuff. Or you have dealings with other high players who Do have these high volumes and like to pay you something to use our market. What is wrong with a fee? Nothing as long as you offer something in return for it, like security or contacts to potential buyers.

 

So indeed free markets are fun but you need to well organize them in order to be fruitful. And from what i have seen only some are actually doing this, @Belispeak Myriad does have the potential to indeed be able to get this working, the contacts i know you already made and the security you are working on will make this a possibility.

 

And we are very willing to help you get further in this!!!! When Tranquility pledges to help, and we do that more often then most people know, we do keep our word on it, not only in alpha or alpha 2 when needed but when it counts, at release. When things get real!

 

greetz Aaron

 

 

I feel that security will be the biggest issue in game. with many small security forces contracted to protect a certain player or small org, they will have difficulties banding together to protect against a large professional military entity. We need to make the marketplace as un-enticing for orgs to attack and control, how do we do that? If there are no market fees or transaction fees, and that is hardcoded into the marketplace the incentive drops considerably.

 

 

The best strategic move is to not take any fees or taxes which will attract a disproportionally large amount of players. The large amount of players will create a network effect, at this point you can make money off of all the players by providing optional goods and services. (rent, special quests for Myriad members, etc.). You it will be too inconvenient for players to go elsewhere. 

 

Whoever saves the player the most time and hassle will win big. ((think amazon or Uber) both of which have only very recently became profitable companies.))

 

 

Don't eat apple seeds in winter, plant an orchard and enjoy the fruits of your labour forever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Belispeak said:

Don't eat apple seeds in winter, plant an orchard and enjoy the fruits of your labour forever.

Exactly. But still most people eat the seads and burn the fishing rods. 

If our ideas work out, your free market place will be very secured ;)  and very free

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Belispeak said:

 

I feel that security will be the biggest issue in game. with many small security forces contracted to protect a certain player or small org, they will have difficulties banding together to protect against a large professional military entity. We need to make the marketplace as un-enticing for orgs to attack and control, how do we do that? If there are no market fees or transaction fees, and that is hardcoded into the marketplace the incentive drops considerably.

 

 

 

There is nothing wrong to apply market or transaction fees, it is like commissions paid to a broker in real life trading. But taxes on profits is not a good idea.

 

About security; in a wealthy ancap society (with skyscrapers, banks with large sums of tungsten in the vaults, etc.), large-scale property owners would carry large insurance policies on their assets. This would probably include indemnification in the event of a foreign military attack/confiscation. Thus it would be enormous insurance companies who would “internalize the externalities” of military defense. Beyond obvious measures such as funding the deployment and maintenance of an antiballistic missile system, these insurance companies might also post bounties for various targets in the event of a foreign invasion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, bit the same as that the city will have a list of know threats (players) that are under the rule "shoot first, ask questions later" which is not a black list but a mere validated threat list.

Strangely said maybe, pirates and everyone is free to visit the city as-long as they follow our rules, same goes for the resorts and all locations we will build, including at free market locations. The main risk will be the people who have nothing to lose including any good reputation or the ship they arrive on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...