Floating/rolling ships ?

ttcraft0

_____

I have done a search for "boat" and I did't find anything on this so I think this idea isn't said for the moment. Sorry if my search wasn't long enough and if my idea is already said.

And sorry for some sentances/words who could be strange : my english isn't perfect.

_____

Hello everyone

I saw a lot of spaceships designs, but no idea if we could have elements to make our ship not flying but floating (boats) or rolling (tanks, cars, ...)

If we could, it would be great for the transportation systems who doesn't have to fly (between 2 cities on the same planet for example).

The elements like wheels, floats, etc, would be less expansive, because you know, it's slower and we can't fly ^^

But it's cool for tiny budgets who don't have to fly.

Maybe we could have special (and cheaper) cockpits who don't allow to fly but, with the elements for it, to have for example a car, a boat, or a mix like some able to float tanks.

Aaaaand for more thrust on more futuristic boats, we could place spaceship thrusters but it would be more expansive of course (and the cockpit would still blocking any flight).

OK this last idea is a bit mad x)

I hope you liked this idea :)

They don't have any plans yet for land vehicles with wheels that can travel on planets, however they do have plans for hovercraft vehicles that cannot reach space.

They pretty much said the same thing about naval vehicles, underwater vehicles, that they're not on the roadmap yet.

If they do come it will be pretty far down the road, but it's something that several people have expressed an interest in having in the game. 

Check out the GrayStillPlays interview for more information on the topic. 

Actually, I think it is good that developers do not focus on designing physics for "standard" vehicles. After all, this is space game and most players will just want to fly ;)

Check out the GrayStillPlays interview for more information on the topic.

Here you got important part of mentioned interview with Jean-Christophe Baillie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFM4sTFMU1U&t=59m31s