Helik

Door should have a lua status function

In the video just released we saw that there was a button with a getState(), but not the door. Every item in the game should have a getState() function. Also every item should have tags and a list so I can do something like "close all exterior doors of the ship", "is there any door open?", etc.

Regards.

Why need that getstate for a door? It's either open or closed.

I'm no programmer but isn't it faster and better just to close all doors when armosphere<0,5 instead of asking what state each door is in, then closing those open ones when atmosphere<0,5 ? 

Makes more sense to me.... 

Also if you want the state of the door to affect things. You could have a bunch of lights turn on while a door is open, set off an alarm, etc. 

I totally agree, every object in the game that has states (of they can be on or off, that counts) needs to have a function to get it's current state. 

This also helps if you want to script an airlock/security system. Check to see if the outer door is closed and only trusted people are in the airlock before the second door is opened