To have people navigate ships while moving

Takedown031

I was playing a game lately (Empyrion) that is similar in a lot of ways to this one. However they did have one dynamic that was extremely frustrating which was that as soon as the ship moved, if you weren't sat down in a seat, you would glitch through the ship. This is an annoying feat I find and it would be great to not have that (especially on the bigger ships) where they can act as small cities while travelling.

Thanks

I was playing a game lately (Empyrion) that is similar in a lot of ways to this one. However they did have one dynamic that was extremely frustrating which was that as soon as the ship moved, if you weren't sat down in a seat, you would glitch through the ship. This is an annoying feat I find and it would be great to not have that (especially on the bigger ships) where they can act as small cities while travelling.

Thanks

If you look at this clip you will see multiple moving platforms and ships moving about. On those platforms there are players walking on them and it behaves exactly like walking on a planet.

https://youtu.be/0S7sjAoIFMQ

Technically thats tons of impressive.

Each construct moves independant from the planet, each with their own xyz axis. Very impressive.

Dont worry about it. ;)

Yep, like others have stated, they have already addressed this issue. One of the really cool things about DU is how the game and the technology that runs it has been built from the ground up to handle all sorts of issues like this, so there are a lot less difficulties like this than are found in other games. 

As Falstaf said,  DU is made to have ships in ships and people in those ships.

Also a better showing of the same link ;)

We should ship a ship in a ship and then ship the shipping ship on a ship.

That will send heads spinning. It's gonna be like dividing by zero.

We should ship a ship in a ship and then ship the shipping ship on a ship.

That wouldn't work. You can only ship a shipping ship inside a ship shipping ships, not shipping ships on a ship, duh

If you look at this clip you will see multiple moving platforms and ships moving about. On those platforms there are players walking on them and it behaves exactly like walking on a planet.

Technically thats tons of impressive.

Each construct moves independant from the planet, each with their own xyz axis. Very impressive.

Dont worry about it. ;)

Oh, I missed that video. Thanks!

Edit: Wow that's a massive ship. The wreck of that thing could probably be seen from space.