Patent/Copyright system

wombatgunner

I'm haven't heard anything mentioned on this yet.  What I've gathered is that you will be able to make a blueprint from a ship or base or whatever you design.  If people are able to buy a ship from me then make a blueprint, they will be able to make money off of my design.  This would take away from my profits.  There should be some sort of copyright or patent system that prevents people form making a blueprint from something not made by them.

I'm haven't heard anything mentioned on this yet.  What I've gathered is that you will be able to make a blueprint from a ship or base or whatever you design.  If people are able to buy a ship from me then make a blueprint, they will be able to make money off of my design.  This would take away from my profits.  There should be some sort of copyright or patent system that prevents people form making a blueprint from something not made by them.

Core Units maintain things like ownership of a voxel grid and the scripts within. If someone tries to copy an already deployed grid, it won't work, the Core Unit won't allow it.

If somone destroys your Core Unit, they destroy the Scripts assocaited with the construct as well, so, if they add their own Core Unit in it, they only copy the shape of the ship, not its scripts.

So yeah, the Blueprint system is self-regulating. You can't steal someone else's idea without actually stealing the Master Blueprint - which CAN be stolen, one way or another.

I don't really see a patent system going into place because how would you stop people from patenting rudimentary shapes like cubes and spheres? 

Not to mention, scripts will be probably publically available on github for all the script kitties to build elaborate ships with fancy moves a year down the line -- or even at launch -- so, no reason "copyrighting" scripts. 

P.S. : Script Kitty is not an offensive term to anyone who wonders.

Not to mention, scripts will be probably publically available on github for all the script kitties to build elaborate ships with fancy moves a year down the line -- or even at launch -- so, no reason "copyrighting" scripts.

P.S. : Script Kitty is not an offensive term to anyone who wonders.

If you add fluffy, it would be though ;)

• 2 weeks later...