Objective Driveyards - Aerospace Corporation [Recruiting]

Code24

In regards to the concerns over the Odal (Othala) rune, I did base the original logo design off the rune, and elongated it, adding pointed tips to the wings to give it some distinctive features. At the time, I didn’t know that the rune had been associated with neo-nazi groups. I’ve more recently become aware of this and anticipated that it could become an issue. Clearly, our intention is not to promote these groups or their ideologies in any way. In the end, we went with the logo because of the aesthetics and thought it evoked the shape of a starship as @Shockeray pointed out.

The logo has already become a recognizable symbol of our corp to many within the community, so our hope is that we can fully associate this symbol with our contribution to the world as a ship-building corporation in Dual Universe. We acknowledge the similarities, and ultimately it is at the discretion of NovaQuark whether we should be allowed to use the emblem. As much as the logo has become an important part of our identity, we respect any issues the others may find with it and are open to opinions on the topic. 

My suggestion, as stated prior unless this becomes problematic in the eyes of NQ: keep it as it is unless you want to rebrand everything (visually).

You explained your reasoning and that should suffice. If this arises on the community side in the future, having a disclaimer or pointing to this (not this, but yours of course) post might do the trick. I see no issue in this case and from an in-character POV it is also no biggie in this case, with many more decades and millenia in the future. Maybe simply because it's not that known or questionable like a swastika look-alike. 

11 hours ago, Code24 said:

In regards to the concerns over the Odal (Othala) rune, I did base the original logo design off the rune, and elongated it, adding pointed tips to the wings to give it some distinctive features. At the time, I didn’t know that the rune had been associated with neo-nazi groups. I’ve more recently become aware of this and anticipated that it could become an issue. Clearly, our intention is not to promote these groups or their ideologies in any way. In the end, we went with the logo because of the aesthetics and thought it evoked the shape of a starship as @Shockeray pointed out.

The logo has already become a recognizable symbol of our corp to many within the community, so our hope is that we can fully associate this symbol with our contribution to the world as a ship-building corporation in Dual Universe. We acknowledge the similarities, and ultimately it is at the discretion of NovaQuark whether we should be allowed to use the emblem. As much as the logo has become an important part of our identity, we respect any issues the others may find with it and are open to opinions on the topic. 

Some people see similarities in a variety of shapes : "Look its the face of Jesus on my toast!"

I wouldnt worry about your logo, I dont see any issues with it at all.

If anyone wants to make correlations between it and something else just tell em to get a life ;) lol

I personally think its a great logo.

Cheers

Core

14 hours ago, Code24 said:

At the time, I didn’t know that the rune had been associated with neo-nazi groups. I’ve more recently become aware of this and anticipated that it could become an issue. Clearly, our intention is not to promote these groups or their ideologies in any way. In the end, we went with the logo because of the aesthetics and thought it evoked the shape of a starship as @Shockeray pointed out.

Thats perfectly fine with me, I just wanted to point out the clear similarity as it might cause issues for you. The logo might attract people you don't want to be part of your org.