Kickstarter Addons @ Checkout Time?

yamamushi

Here's to hoping that Novaquark makes some of the physical items addons for the Kickstarter at checkout time.

Granted it may be a little late to suggest something like this, but it would be really awesome to be able to snag another Poster or Tote bag before submitting my final payment for Kickstarter.

I know there are plenty of us that wouldn't mind buying a USB key, or even extra DAC's too.

I wouldn't mind revisions to the items so that they are slightly different. Kickstarter items of course should be mostly exclusive to the kickstarter itself.

Such things as the arkships usb keys would be a good exclusive item. Maybe a different but similar item later down the line though.

Oh I wasn't referring to items you'd buy from a store after Kickstarter is finished, I was hoping they would be items you could add to your pledge when you're submitting your payment for Kickstarter.

Almost every KS that I've backed has had some perks that you could add to your total before you actually submit your payment (after the campaign has ended). That usually happens on the same page that you confirm your shipping address and everything through.

More recently I've seen Kickstarters going through https://www.backerkit.com/ at checkout time, and that's a big feature that they provide. 

I think this suggestion makes more sense if you've backed a Kickstarter project recently, as there's a whole series of steps that happen when a campaign ends and the confirmation emails go out to everyone. I haven't backed a Kickstarter in recent memory that has just withdrawn payment from my account immediately after a campaign ends, they've all required manual verification post-campaign. 

That's part of the reason Kickstarter doesn't actually send out money to project owners for 14 days post-campaign. 

do we know if the kickstarter is the only way to get into the alpha? I always have trouble figuring out what level to buy and what is worth it. Things like pets, outfits and fancy titles interest me less than things like alpha access, soundtracks and a look into the design process.