MECHANISED EXOSUITS? Yes, no, perhaps?

Anaximander

So, if the game can utilise voxels-  and by what I read on this page, sort of scriptable ships - is it safe to assume we could create exo-suits? Perhaps as a ground vehicle. I guess the real question would be, how in-depth the ground combat will be in the game and if the ground would be contestable as much as the sky above could be. 

I mean, you can build cities, sure, but what point there is for building a city, or a citadel in case of an invading army of ferrets, if you don't add ground combat as well?

I would like a clarification on this, as a possibly enterprising galactic weapons' dealer. 

Unigine's physics engine supports joints, motors and springs. 

Assuming that the LUA interface allows us to control those things, I imagine it's just a matter of time before someone builds and scripts a mech unit on their own.

Unigine's physics engine supports joints, motors and springs. 

Assuming that the LUA interface allows us to control those things, I imagine it's just a matter of time before someone builds and scripts a mech unit on their own.

Good to know, I see myself putting 4 years of freaking Computer Studies at the uni in good use. ^_^

To be honest, I was curious about this as well. I think it's pretty safe to say you'll be able to fight on the ground as well as in a ship in outer space. There's no military without a few personal handguns. 

As for Exo suits, if you're talking about them really big ones you'd see in Avatar, (Blue Monkey Avatar,) then as yamamushi said. Joints, hinges, springs, etc. Personally, I prefer the idea of being able to equip a space rifle and an Exo-Skeleton with flight capacities to battle all them pirates. 

To be honest, I was curious about this as well. I think it's pretty safe to say you'll be able to fight on the ground as well as in a ship in outer space. There's no military without a few personal handguns. 

As for Exo suits, if you're talking about them really big ones you'd see in Avatar, (Blue Monkey Avatar,) then as yamamushi said. Joints, hinges, springs, etc. Personally, I prefer the idea of being able to equip a space rifle and an Exo-Skeleton with flight capacities to battle all them pirates. 

Sadly, Unobtanium is my cocaine, so yeah, them blue cat-people are dead. Also, ALIENS Mech-suit more likely. I am kind of a melee maniac.

I'm pretty sure there will be ground combat (using the same weapons you would use on a ship, on a ground vehicle) and pretty sure there will be a combat between characters (pistols, rifles, machineguns, ...)

Regarding mechs , if anchors will be a thing, we should be able to build mechanical stuff that can be scripted, but as it is in spaceenginers and similar games, mechs are not usually easy to control nor they are fast/good or in any case better fhan a simple tank/ship. So even if you manage to create one, it's probably not goiing to be competitive in a real pvp battle

I'm pretty sure there will be ground combat (using the same weapons you would use on a ship, on a ground vehicle) and pretty sure there will be a combat between characters (pistols, rifles, machineguns, ...)

Regarding mechs , if anchors will be a thing, we should be able to build mechanical stuff that can be scripted, but as it is in spaceenginers and similar games, mechs are not usually easy to control nor they are fast/good or in any case better fhan a simple tank/ship. So even if you manage to create one, it's probably not goiing to be competitive in a real pvp battle

Thing is, Space Engineers sucks when it comes to that kind of thing. Also, most of the time you see Mechs in SE, they are not using any scripts (As is possible in SE). I'm pretty sure that if people use scripts to 'script' these mechs, they will work reasonably well. Compared to SE at least. If not for combat, use them for cargo loading :)

Thing is, Space Engineers sucks when it comes to that kind of thing. Also, most of the time you see Mechs in SE, they are not using any scripts (As is possible in SE). I'm pretty sure that if people use scripts to 'script' these mechs, they will work reasonably well. Compared to SE at least. If not for combat, use them for cargo loading :)

Well, we all know how metagame flows. One day people build Mechs, the next day some maniac has built a spacegrid and plays the world's largest tower defefense game ever. Yey!

P.S. : Space Engineers was a dissappointment. When ships move, the server blade whines and moans. from the agony.

Well, we all know how metagame flows. One day people build Mechs, the next day some maniac has built a spacegrid and plays the world's largest tower defefense game ever. Yey!

P.S. : Space Engineers was a dissappointment. When ships move, the server blade whines and moans. from the agony.

Yeah, it really does. However all they need to do is figure out a way around this then SE will be a great game.

Can we merge this thread with the one started by TrihXeen here?  Seems redundant to have two forum topics that are essentially the same.  And I wouldn't want anyone to miss anything posted here and vice versa.