Mac Support?

Chryonis

I'd raise this question in the Q&A thread in the General Discussion forum. 

I'd also like to know if there any plans for Linux support (doubtful but I can hold out hope).

Unigine, the engine NQ are using, supports Mac and Linux, it's just a matter of whether or not NQ wants to create clients for it.

I'd even argue for releasing a Linux client but offering no support for it, and leaving it as an option for "advanced users" as Eve Online used to do before CCP dropped Linux support. 

Honestly... I don't think it will have at release. It will mostly be a case of them needing to prioritize that the game works for the PC first.

I can see this happening. making the game for pc first then going back to make ports for Linux and mac if demand is high enough

I follow the Banished dev blog, and he (I assume he) has been having the most headaches with supporting macs, linux was easier for him. The issue is that Macs are very behind in the version of OpenGl they support and that, at least for him, it was easier to get linux graphics at the performance he wanted. The issue with linux support is that there are a bazillion distros and a bazillion default versions of the libraries. This is where steam on linux comes in handy as they have a more stable and stationary target for linux dev.