What if we had pets?

jrhod99

Now when I say pets I don't mean the standard dog or cat the follows you everywhere and fights with you no I mean what if there was actual pets where you could have a cat that actually behaved like a cat and stayed at the house. I was thinking there might be a few advantages to having a pet, but most of the reason for having one should be for immersiveness. Those who would get pets would have to take care of them making the game feel more like real life. Even if there can't be pets will you be able to befriend wild animals? maybe you prefer to ride a horse so you go out and find one and eventually earn its trust so you can ride it. That could happen with other animals to not just horses what if you could befriend a giant lizard to ride on the back of?

Thanks, Jared

Pets are nice, I wouldn't get one personally unless there's some perks. It'll feel too much like The Sims haha.

I think that befriending wild animals to ride is less efficient, because ships (and the like) are better transporters and perhaps easier to acquire. That's more of a medieval-day style than I think is intended in a futuristic environment (considering we drive cars now).

Interesting idea though.

Hi there! 

Pets are currently being discussed. 

It's not 100% sure yet, but there will probably be some pets as rewards for backers during the crowdfunding campaign.

If it's the case, these pets won't be giving any ingame advantage. This will be purely cosmetical.

For more evolved pets, having specific ingame uses and available to everyone, it's too soon to develop on this aspect. 

But this might be a crowdfunding campaign stretch goal. Who knows ? ;)

• 1 month later...

I really enjoy when the community is giving ideas about a lot of things but as Nyzaltar said the development team has to concentrate on more important things. But if you decide to add pets, don't forget about ponies.