Falling through voxel floors and elements

Novean-61657

18 hours ago, Bazzy_505 said:

this is a client side issue related to client performance on your end. Collision detection is entirely client side, Try upgrading your potato ;)

. I play this game on a GPD Pocket 3 PC with 16Gb ram and integrated graphics when traveling . My potato is slow af but I don’t fall through floors unless something is not rendered. Once it’s rendered it’s fine. Cerg is falling through things that are apparently already rendered. 

what i am seeing, though, that I never saw before, is things completely re-rendering from scratch again after entering/leaving build mode even if I only used buildmode to “fly” across a core and not change anything. 

it’s like the cache is not remembering things properly. And it takes noticeably longer to enter and leave build mode than it used to. 

7 hours ago, Bazzy_505 said:

I personally work on 11700KF based pc, which is considered quite a powerhog, and yet typical package power on that hovers around 30W-40W and entire system typically draws little short 130W, and that already with my cintiq factored in. So you shouldn't really belive all the horrow stories you read on internet

An 11700KF is ~25% more powerful then my 4800u, that 40W is almost max powerdraw of the whole system (ex. monitors). With VMs running, powerdraw is 10-20W for the whole system... And on the CPU side it's more then powerful enough to run a whole bunch of VMs for a whole complete virtual environment. So I'm not looking at horror stories on the internet, I look at different tests running different types of loads and compare them to my own results... Without government subsidies my powercost is already €0,86/kWh, at ~100hrs/week, that's almost €500/year difference in power cost between your pc and mine, and that's for just a single PC... With subsidies it's still €250/year/pc, there is a ceiling on those subsidies per household though, so better stay below that...

This is also why I stopped doing all those missions, it's additional PC running at close max powerdraw for 12+ hours/day for a bit of quanta...

9 hours ago, Jinxed said:

. I play this game on a GPD Pocket 3 PC with 16Gb ram and integrated graphics when traveling . My potato is slow af but I don’t fall through floors unless something is not rendered. Once it’s rendered it’s fine. Cerg is falling through things that are apparently already rendered. 

what i am seeing, though, that I never saw before, is things completely re-rendering from scratch again after entering/leaving build mode even if I only used buildmode to “fly” across a core and not change anything. 

it’s like the cache is not remembering things properly. And it takes noticeably longer to enter and leave build mode than it used to. 

collison mesh and mesh you see rasterized on screen are 2 separate assets :)