Calibration Missions - Feature Request

Creator

1 hour ago, Creator said:

The ability to get paid like a hauling mission, accept you can set a group of MU's that need calibrated, and get paid via mission to calibrate someone else's MUs. Would be helpful income for new players who have charges but no land.

New players are likely only going to be around alioth , so T1 MU's. 100L/h , x 48hr 4800L of ore per machine, at 25h on the market value roughly 120k , how much you plan to pay said newbie out of your 2 days worth of profits - minus whatever share of the 1m/wk tax that miner represents?

Oh and that assumes they calibrate to 100% and don't botch it and cost you 24 hours of production

22 minutes ago, Xennial said:

New players are likely only going to be around alioth , so T1 MU's. 100L/h , x 48hr 4800L of ore per machine, at 25h on the market value roughly 120k , how much you plan to pay said newbie out of your 2 days worth of profits - minus whatever share of the 1m/wk tax that miner represents?

Oh and that assumes they calibrate to 100% and don't botch it and cost you 24 hours of production

1. Reward % could be based on %'s of calibration gain.
2. Could exempt mission calibrations from 24 hour cooldown.

I have machines calibrated to provide over 160L per hour, I am not maxed skilled, and then you have 48 hours without % loss. and then another 72 hours before you lose around 40%'ish, which means a calibration ever 5 days is pretty good.

So 12,000kl for 5 days... (@100L per hour rate). So 3Mh @ 25 per unit. Would pay for 3 tiles? You may also want to have them calibrate your T2 ore instead of your T1's... which I would assume bot prices are higher than 25 per unit, yeah?

6 minutes ago, Creator said:

1. Reward % could be based on %'s of calibration gain.
2. Could exempt mission calibrations from 24 hour cooldown.

I have machines calibrated to provide over 160L per hour, I am not maxed skilled, and then you have 48 hours without % loss. and then another 72 hours before you lose around 40%'ish, which means a calibration ever 5 days is pretty good.

So 12,000kl for 5 days... (@100L per hour rate). So 3Mh @ 25 per unit. Would pay for 3 tiles? You may also want to have them calibrate your T2 ore instead of your T1's... which I would assume bot prices are higher than 25 per unit, yeah?

Just now, Creator said:

Going to be curious how players support their tiles that are pure t1 if they go down to bot prices... how they will afford to pay as @NQ-Pann claims... cause it ain't looking to good right now.

Also remember you lose those calibration bonuses with 'new players' doing it because they won't hav ethe skills

2 minutes ago, Xennial said:

Also remember you lose those calibration bonuses with 'new players' doing it because they won't hav ethe skills

Thus why NQ's approach to rolling out these updates is so messy, so many missed opportunities... would be cool if there was room to make calibration into a mission thing players could do for other players, if NQ hadn't shoved the update on us all botched...

6 hours ago, Xennial said:

New players are likely only going to be around alioth , so T1 MU's. 100L/h , x 48hr 4800L of ore per machine

Why do all of these calculations ignore the surface spawn that you get with the calibration? It can be quite substantial (I've seen anywhere from 25% to 100% increase over the 24 hour yield).

7 hours ago, JayleBreak said:

Why do all of these calculations ignore the surface spawn that you get with the calibration? It can be quite substantial (I've seen anywhere from 25% to 100% increase over the 24 hour yield).

Honestly I think cause the calibration game has some RNG to it so that variable in the calculation would need to be a top/bottom range value... so we just treat it like the sugar on top vs. the core production. After a while the calculations get a little long.