Seeking advice for players who have tried mining units on the test server

Underhook

Hi there,

I wonder if my thoughts about the mining in the Demeter patch are in line with reality.

I'm currently attempting to prepare for the patch and wondering what I'll need at some of my remote territories.

Is the following needs list about right or am I dreaming.

1) Territory scanner.  I'll take one but I'm curious.  Do we actually need one?  Will the auto miner just pull up whatever is there?

2) Auto mining unit

3) a container for it to dump into.  I assume a small would be ok as I'm thinking a max of 800 litres per day will be deposited?

4)  a static core.  I dont know if the auto miners require a core but the storage container will wont it?

5) apparently you have to visit every 3 days to recalibrate?

So, do I need anything else.  I have not put territory claim unit on the list as this is for ones I already have (hope I get lucky).

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can offer.

o7 Space Peoples

A territory scanner is recommended so you know what the outputs of the tile are.  If you have existing scans these should provide revised data on Demeter release so you wouldn't need to rescan existing tiles.  From what I could gauge on the pts the available ore types are very much random as are the volumes.  All of the tiles I had scanned on Alioth only had Tier 1 (Approximately 20 tiles scanned none had any tier 2), not known at this stage if this will continue to live but assume it will.  You will need a mining unit or units per ore type.  So a minimum of 4 (A MU for each tier 1) but it really depends on the volume per hour as there is a maximum each mining unit can extract.  For example the tile I had on Alioth that I setup MU's on was using a total of 7 MU's to extract the maximum that tile could generate per hour.

You need a static construct to place the MU.  I'd recommend at least a medium container unless you plan to empty it regularly as each MU will be linked to the same container.

Once the MU is calibrated it effectively lasts for 2 days before it starts to lose calibration, this is calculated as 0.625% per hour or 15% per day.  So you would typically recalibrate every 3-4 days depending on what level of efficiency you're looking for.  Note with perfect talents you acquire a calibration charge every 3.5 hours (Upto a maximum of 10) so potentially you will not be able to calibrate every machine and will have to pick and choose those which are of priority to you.

Replies:

1.) I advise you scan before you mine, then you know what to expect for what ores.

2.) Automining unit for the proper Tier of ore T2 uses a different Autominer from T1 ore.

3.) You can place multiple mining units on a tile. If a tile has 300L/h of Hematite then you can place three T1 Autominers on it. If you also own the neighboring tiles, you get significant bonuses, if you have proper skills you also get bonuses. With everything max, you might not have enough space for ore in a S container for a single day. You also might not want to empty it every day. I'm looking at M or L containers, maybe even Hubs and multiple containers.

4.) Autominers need to be placed on a static core.

5.) After x period of time the amount of ore mined will drop off. @Raaziel Is giving you numbers as shown on PTS (test server), but I would advise to wait and see if the exact numbers as shown on PTS will carry over to production. And imho always test yourself the claims made by others, assumption is the mother of all fnckups... ?

6.) Don't forget your Territory Units, to actually claim tiles. This costs a fixed fee and you have weekly costs per tile.

Also keep in mind to do ALL the maths yourself, I know it's not everyone's favorite subject, but just don't assume that what others are saying is the most optimal solution (for you).

4 minutes ago, Cergorach said:

Replies:

1.) I advise you scan before you mine, then you know what to expect for what ores.

2.) Automining unit for the proper Tier of ore T2 uses a different Autominer from T1 ore.

3.) You can place multiple mining units on a tile. If a tile has 300L/h of Hematite then you can place three T1 Autominers on it. If you also own the neighboring tiles, you get significant bonuses, if you have proper skills you also get bonuses. With everything max, you might not have enough space for ore in a S container for a single day. You also might not want to empty it every day. I'm looking at M or L containers, maybe even Hubs and multiple containers.

4.) Autominers need to be placed on a static core.

5.) After x period of time the amount of ore mined will drop off. @Raaziel Is giving you numbers as shown on PTS (test server), but I would advise to wait and see if the exact numbers as shown on PTS will carry over to production. And imho always test yourself the claims made by others, assumption is the mother of all fnckups... ?

6.) Don't forget your Territory Units, to actually claim tiles. This costs a fixed fee and you have weekly costs per tile.

Also keep in mind to do ALL the maths yourself, I know it's not everyone's favorite subject, but just don't assume that what others are saying is the most optimal solution (for you).

Thanks Cergorach,

I came back a few days ago after a 9 month break.  I have 17 territories scattered around the system.  Its going to take time to get to them all so, I want to prepare a mining station blueprint.  You have sort of put a spanner in the works by informing me that there are different auto miners for different tiers.  I bet the tier 5 ones will be pricey too.  

1 minute ago, Underhook said:

Wow.  Crumbs, I was under the impression a site would produce about 800L per day.

18k would be over a million quanta in one day would it not?

That sounds about right.  Obviously based on current ore prices.

Worth noting that I also had 4 territories on Alioth so the tile with MU's on was getting an adjaceny bonus of 40%.  So these numbers would be a lot lower if it was only a single territory.  The max bonus is 60%, 10% per adjacent tile.