Minning Unit Comming : Need Better PvP [Before Demeter]

Knight-Sevy

On 10/24/2021 at 2:09 PM, Knight-Sevy said:

The arrival of the DEMETER Patch will push everyone into PvP Zone !

Any game that tries to force me to do something I do not want to do, is a game I will not play. It's a very simple concept really.

And one of the reasons I started playing DU, was because it was a MMO that you supposedly did not have to PvP.

I find PvP in DualUniverse to be extremely boring. you build the current meta and smash everyone else who doesn't use a meta.
It doesn't need any real group interaction, it doesn't need any special skills of the players, except to max the talents in the skill tree - some clicks and then wait until they run through.

I miss the possibility to build real battleships with a large crew, everyone has a task, is part of the team. I want to see myself on a cruiser, running all the way along to get into an on-board gun, then fire the target myself. i don't want to just press an identify-load-shoot button in the window, and then just wait for the ship in the window to be destroyed. i want to sit in a gun, turn it in all directions, see and direct the fire in real life. i want to target the enemy ship with the aiming cursor....

I want there to be real raids of players. One pilot, several players responsible for the different guns. Players who have to adjust the shields during the battle, other players who can use special steering engines for a quick turn. Players who can use special sun sails to bring the ship to an extreme stop. 

I want to run across the corridors of the ship and be afraid that the enemy has come in somewhere through the outer wall to fire at us from the inside - because a completely destroyed ship would be worthless. What a great thing it would be to have 20-25 players in a group on a large cruiser to steer the ship together. You could go further, there could be portable personal shields, there could be medipacks, there could be...so many things in PvP to improve the current situation....I don't want to sit in a single-seater metaship and fly through space for hours to shoot down a miner. It also doesn't help if I'm sitting in discord with 10 others and we're all sitting in a 1-seater metaship, flying through space for hours with 10 ships. It's just no fun.