What’s the point of the ideas forum...

GraXXoR

10 hours ago, joaocordeiro said:

But that is to be expected. Since for every suggestion, someone else gave a counter suggestion. 

NQ community managers and dev's aren't toddlers, and should be able to separate good from bad ideas.

And many of the suggestions has been for glaringly obvious problems. So the main point here is that NQ does hardly ever listened to any feedback, or give any in return for that matter.

36 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

NQ community managers and dev's aren't toddlers, and should be able to separate good from bad ideas

Not saying they are. 

Just saying that every NQ's failure or success, someone said "do it" and someone said "dont do it". 

This creates an 100% probability of an "i told you so" 

38 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

Not saying they are. 

Just saying that every NQ's failure or success, someone said "do it" and someone said "dont do it". 

This creates an 100% probability of an "i told you so" 

That isn't quite right.  If you were to read the ideas forums most of them have more people for or against and that's to say nothing of actually reading and judging the arguments made.  In some cases, such as the trouble market bots were going to cause, most were against market bots and almost all were against bots buying high end ores.  Actually reading feedback and ideas would take effort but that effort would have saved NQ from some serious blunders. 

31 minutes ago, Anomaly said:

In some cases, such as the trouble market bots were going to cause, most were against market bots and almost all were against bots buying high end ores

Thats a very simplistic way of putting what happened into words. 

There were 2 fronts in this battle.

The industrialists that wanted everything to be player only traded, under the flag of "player driven economy, facing me and 2 other ppl. 

And then, there was the unrealistic commonality of T4 ans T5 ores at the beginning of beta. 

We all agreed(even the ones gaining advantage) that there was a problem. 

Many fixes could have been implemented:

The world could have been reseted with a much lower distribution of rare ore. 

Bot buy orders could have had their prices reduced. 

But industrialists realized that it was time to strike. 

While a few (less than 10) heavily bombarded the forum with 2 - 3 new topics every day, and a few other were very active in discord. A special group of players united in writing and signing a direct complain to NQ (action not publicly known).

Some of those ppl that signed it acted with the urgency to prevent more economic damage. 

But in the end only something like 50-100 players ever got to express their opinion on the subject and most were forced to choose a solution because of the urgency of the issue. 

I was on the other side of the battle. 

My solution was a massive reduction of rare ores(even suggesting smaller nodes(100l))and the creation of respawing ore nodes(random new location) 

At the end NQ decided to remove higher tier ore orders... 

But many problems associated with that quick fix still exist today. 

In many places, players still get rich quickly by selling ore to NPC orders. But instead of T5 they sell T1 and T2. 

This happens because of the absurd abundance of ore on every planet. 

That ore is there because of ores not respawing forces NQ to spawn 1 year worth ore on day one. 

As the ore is mined,  mining will become more painfull, with miners frequently finding the ore nodes partially minned. 

This will lead to economic depression. 

To fix this depression, NQ will spawn more planets. Planets with 1 year ore on then. Again making players sell to bots... 

At the end NQ fixed nothing by cutting the bot orders. Just reduced the speed of enrichment. 

I will be here to say "i told you so" on this one.