Y'all need to stop being jerks

Madrummer

I can understand that a wipe is a pain in the ..., but the game will get a wipe anyway, at the end of the Beta for sure.

In the moment the release is there.

So from my understanding i read about alot of frustrating people who already left the game, cause of the schematics, the market, the wrecks, ...

I think it is a good idea to wipe from time to time, especially if there are brand new mechanics implemented.

I like to restart, i did often in other games, but yes i can understand that this is a no go for some players with great building/ideas.

I guess the copy of a bpo can be saved into your accounts, so you do not have to restart from scratch.

For me this game feels nearly dead atm. In all the time i played, i maybe saw 10 people at all. Not much for a MMO. Maybe there are way more players, but i can't see it.

On my tile and the tiles around me, i found diged holes that showed me: hey somone was here.

When flying to a market i need to be carefull not to crash into one of the ugly skytowers, made by bored people i guess.

Where are the rules ?

Not to build into market zones, not building into space, or if wished get information about a minimum alt in this area, no blocking zones, etc.

So if this is already beta, why it isn't already fixed ? In beta you get polishing, not new code, new mechanics implemented, etc....

And why it scares an alpha/betatester to restart a game ?  Aren't we here to find out bugs, response to new features, good or bad, helping the game runs stable, feedbacks...

If i don't want to, i can wait for the finished product, save money and see if this game is what i waited for.

If i want to, i can life with all the wipes, server moves, testing new mechanics (like schematics now) and so on.

We can talk about the money we already pay, but i guess a half pack of cigarettes isn't worth it. (i do not smoke since 12 years, but i did before nearly 30 years)

Another idea from my side (no idea if this is possible for the devs), 2 different serverstructures. One with wipes, one without. How does that sound ?

Talking about it will bring up many ideas, we just have to talk about it.

Homer

3 hours ago, HomerGAdams said:

I can understand that a wipe is a pain in the ..., but the game will get a wipe anyway, at the end of the Beta for sure.

In the moment the release is there.

No it likely won't, as per the CEO himself. It was lauded from the very beginning of the beta that there was very likely not going to be a wipe. Why this would be the case is a foreign concept for me in the world of betas, but this is what we were told. At release what we will probably see is the introduction of a fresh new star system, which will act as a soft wipe as we will all likely be enticed to migrate there.

4 minutes ago, Musclethorpe said:

No it likely won't, as per the CEO himself. It was lauded from the very beginning of the beta that there was very likely not going to be a wipe. Why this would be the case is a foreign concept for me in the world of betas, but this is what we were told. At release what we will probably see is the introduction of a fresh new star system, which will act as a soft wipe as we will all likely be enticed to migrate there.

RIP alioth we hardly knew thee.

14 hours ago, Musclethorpe said:

introduction of a fresh new star system, which will act as a soft wipe as we will all likely be enticed to migrate there.

That would really be some sort of f*ckover for all those who invested heavely on their sanctuary plots, and also because those STU still cannot be removed. even though some of us will have 3 or more STU it will still be  a loss if you need to abandon the old one